Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm very nervous about having this second baby. I have a almost 2 year old dd that is very active and sometimes I don't even know how to entertain her. My dh is a pilot and is gone at least 3 nights out of the week, so that leaves me alone with dd alot. When he is here we go out and do alot and it is easy and fun. So when this baby gets here in december he will be taking leave for that month, but I'm worried when he goes back to work what I will do with 2 kids alone? I also take classes online and it is already hard enough with one kid, but two? How will I be able to play with dd, when I have to take care of baby? How will I get any sleep? I don't have any friends around here and family really so when dh is at work it's just all me. I just need some advice.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM

bump

MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM

bump

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM
I'm expecting my 2nd child in September and I have the same fears. I don't have any advice (unfortunately) but I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Thanks

1likeme
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Everyone has worries similar to this when they welcome a new member to the family. A month is a decent amount of time for your two year old to adjust to her new sibling. It's funny how easily our lives adjust to a new baby. After a few weeks you simply can't imagine your life without your new child just as much as your previous child/ren.

One tip that worked for me at times was to make the young ones the Hellers. They loved running about getting small things for their brother and hearing the praise reinforced them wanting to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM

You just take it one day at a time. The good thing is when the new baby is older, the 2 of them will be able to entertain each other =0) Good luck!

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM

When I had my youngest, my oldest was 19 mos old. Hubby worked nights so I was alone every night with the kids.  My new babies always pretty much just slept all the time unless they were eating so it seemed like I had tons of time to play with the oldest. I dont know...I was never one to feel like I needed "help".  Even the day I came home from the hospital, he went to work that night.

Granted, this was 24 yrs ago so I may have forgotten what it was REALLY like, but I dont remember it being a big deal.

1likeme
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Helpers!!! Not Hellers (don't even know WTF that means).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM

I'm looking forward to when the baby is older so that they can play. The only thing that worries me is when he/she is still an infant.

Quoting Devious103102:

You just take it one day at a time. The good thing is when the new baby is older, the 2 of them will be able to entertain each other =0) Good luck!

MadLikeAHatter
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM

My hubby was deployed when I had our second baby. My kids are 14 months apart...

The good thing about infants, they don't really need that much attention...So you should be able to carry on with your regular time with the older child. Get yourself a double stroller so you can still go places the older child likes to go.

I just kept doing things like I had before my second baby came along. As she got older, then we just started adding her into the things I was already doing with my oldest child...

I truly believe that having a child should not stop your life as you know it...you just have a new little participant.

But that's just my opinion...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)