Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has had their gallbladder removed???????

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM
  • 37 Replies

my husband just found out today that he does have gallstones and that his gallbladder has to be removed. i was just wondering how it went for other people who had it done and the recovery time. the dr didn't have much time to talk to him about it today. they just sent him to get more lab work done and once they get that done they will talk to him more about it and schedule it to be done asap. so we were just wondering in the meantime. thanks....

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM
no idea bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnie_poo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM

it is usually outpatient and the pain after is not bad at all they give you pain meds.I am sure the pain after will not even compare to the pain he feels now!

teaching_mama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM
I was out of hospital same day and was sore a few days but it wasn't bad at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_mama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Yea the pain I had before was wayyy worse!

Quoting lynnie_poo:

it is usually outpatient and the pain after is not bad at all they give you pain meds.I am sure the pain after will not even compare to the pain he feels now!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justgg
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM

i had mine out the hard way........

my daughter had hers removed and it only took 3 days to recover , just a few pain meds sent home no biggie

lynnie_poo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I had just had a baby one month exactly to the day before I had mine removed as well! All I can say up until the surgery for him to try not to eat or drink, coffee, no pop,and nothing greasy!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Dh had his done back in April. (I think it was April, could have been March) He stayed out of work for maybe a week, that is including the day he went in for his appointment the day before they actually did the surgery.

i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I did. Not a big deal at all I went back to work the next week and I was a tour guide so it was a pretty physical job (78 steps down and 78 steps up EACH tour).

tazdvl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:36 PM

My son was 16 when he had his out, he was out the same day and was ready to go to school the next day. Mine was bad and I had to stay in the hospital 1 day, I was in the hospital 5 days before they took it out.....they wanted the swelling to go down.

Parksey27
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I was out of the hospital same day but the recovery was harder then recovery from my c-section for me. I needed a lot of help to take care of the baby for a few days. Depending on his job he'll need at least a few days off after and then if it's a physically demanding job he'll have to take it easy for about a month. Gall bladder pain for me was worse then the recovery though. 

I can't eat greasy or fatty foods with out getting stomachs still though, but again...better then the pain from a gall bladder attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)