Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pump question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just got offered a medella electric single breast pump for free. did you use a used breast pump? I will buy new tubing and everything but i wanted to know if this was uncommon

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nicmain
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I had a double Medella electric pump. It was a great pump and Medella is suppose to be a great brand. I wasn't a good pumper in general though, but I know many women who were able to pump substantial amounts.

annaica
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM
I used a used one from the drug store. All new tubing and it worked fine, kept it sterile. No problems! I never ever could pump more than 2 oz with DD but with DS I could pump 6-8 oz LOL what you pump out doesn't mean that is all you have... at all. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wanabmommy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:44 AM

BUMP! to see what other bit of good information you ladies have to offer

mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Yes, I had that one and I loved it.  It's up to your comfort level as to whether you're comfortable with it or not.

joshlor2
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Heck ya!!! The hospital rents them out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jollymommy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Yeah, it's common.  I mean, you really only need a breast pump for a short while (in comparison to your entire life).  If you spent money on it, you don't really wanna trash it.  So, it makes sense to give them away. 

xXSoSincereXx
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM

mine was barely used when I got it and I loved it.  i passed it on to another mommy when I was done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)