Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I killed the mamma!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
So, I posted the other day about some mice having a sleepover at my house. Well, I caught 6 of them. 6 mice. Gag. Well, there haven't been anymore signs or caught mice since then. Till today. I was cleaning the linen closet, and I found a baby mouse. I caught it and let it go. The other one got away. I have literally been chasing him all day. Well, I caught the little booger tonight. I caught him with a bucket, a piece of yarn and some peanut butter. When I picked up the bucket, he gave me those sad little mousey eyes that said....."are you going to kill me like you killed my mommy?". So, he is now in the bucket with a lid......and a glob of peanut butter, a roll, and a Hershey kiss. And I feel bad!
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Yuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharon300
by Sharon on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Awe take him to a field and set him free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sometimesitis
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Quoting Sharon300:

Awe take him to a field and set him free.

That's what I'm going to do. I can handle the already dead ones. Living in the woods, I'm used to that. But I can't just kill it. :(
jplumb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM

We have caught 2 mice within the last 9 months(been here a little over 2 years). We tried to do the humane traps but they didn't work so we had to go the not so nice way. The last one we caught, got into my pantry and up on a shelf. I made sure I pulled everything out and cleaned it and didn't put anything back on the floor(all that were there were empty lunch boxes and plastic bags). We still have 2 traps set because we live by an empty field so I'm sure we will have more but so far there aren't anymore.

sometimesitis
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Quoting jplumb:

We have caught 2 mice within the last 9 months(been here a little over 2 years). We tried to do the humane traps but they didn't work so we had to go the not so nice way. The last one we caught, got into my pantry and up on a shelf. I made sure I pulled everything out and cleaned it and didn't put anything back on the floor(all that were there were empty lunch boxes and plastic bags). We still have 2 traps set because we live by an empty field so I'm sure we will have more but so far there aren't anymore.

When I first noticed the signs, I pulled everything from my pantry. Nothing had been messed with. I sure did go through two gallons of bleach that day bleaching everything. Lol. We live on twenty acres, at least 10 of it wooded, so I know its gonna happen. Still doesn't make it any better, though.
jplumb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I have now moved my canned goods to the bottom shelf since it got into some of our cereal(which I threw out). I bleached the shelf also after I used soap and water. Hopefully it will be a while before another one comes. They make you feel gross!

sometimesitis
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Quoting jplumb:

I have now moved my canned goods to the bottom shelf since it got into some of our cereal(which I threw out). I bleached the shelf also after I used soap and water. Hopefully it will be a while before another one comes. They make you feel gross!

I know!!! Can't tell you how many times I've scrbbed my kitchen in the past week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)