Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM
  • 25 Replies
A six and seven year old (brother and sister) sleep in a tent in your own back yard while you and SO sleep inside??

If you stayed out side with them til they fell asleep and made sure they knew that you were leaving the door unlocked if they needed to come in??

Oh and you do live in a pretty good neighborhood...and the neighbor boy (10 yo) pitched a tent also and is pretty much in your back yard with them?? (He's a pretty good kid. Know the parents well and kids all play together a lot, etc.)

??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Bump...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Hello??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
My 10.... Then 9 year old sleeps outside quite often... They sleep in a tent right outside my bedroom window. The doors stay unlocked or open, andthe gates are padlocked.
We live out in almost civilization so I have no problem with them being out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha_1629
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM

No, that's too young. 10 is the youngest I would let my kid camp in the backyard without supervision. 6 and 7 is way too young, in my opinion.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM

6 and 7 - no.

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Did he do it at 6 or 7??

Quoting joshlor2:

My 10.... Then 9 year old sleeps outside quite often... They sleep in a tent right outside my bedroom window. The doors stay unlocked or open, andthe gates are padlocked.

We live out in almost civilization so I have no problem with them being out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM
No, when he was younger we lived in the "big city" and there was NO way I would let that happen. If my youngest was 6-7 I would totally let her sleep outside with her brother now that we live in the boondocks.

Quoting JustMe0326:

Did he do it at 6 or 7??

Quoting joshlor2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM
:/

My kids are out there tonight...I'm not overly excited about it...they are. But I'm very nervous...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Only with our dog with him, maybe. She's 1/2 pit bull, 1/4 rotwieller and 1/4 doberman pincher, so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM

My parents let us do it when my brother was about 11 and I was about 7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)