Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Share your experience with laparoscopic tubal ligation, essure, or adiana

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am looking to get one of these procedures done in the next few months. Our family is complete and I am ready. Unfortunately I have read a lot of bad experience with Essure, and I hear that Adiana is not nearly as effective. Right now I am leaning towards laparoscopic.

Please share your stories, good or bad.

(PS - I have tried Mirena, only interested in permanent methods)

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicmain
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Bump cuz i'm interested also. I have the Mirena and I HATE it. 

mommasue69
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM
I have a tubal and to be honest I REGRET it 100%, but thats just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swiperno
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

nicmain, do you mind me asking what you hate about it? i had constantly bleeding and my dr prescribed another horomone that did not help one bit so i took it out.

SamNStefanMommy
by Monica :) on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM
I had a tubal. Aside from the not so mild cramping (it hurt...like hell...for a week) and a minor infection in my incision it wasn't so bad. Just don't let them fool ya with the MILD cramps line. Get and take pain meds. The only real drawback I've found is I always forget to keep track of my cycle, since I don't need to worry anymore about being late. I don't necessarily regret it but there are days when I ask "what if."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I had a tubal 2 years ago.  It has been great.  No worry of pregnancy, my periods have become lighter and shorter.  Recovery wasn't too bad at all.  I am so glad I did it.

beerebelly
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Oh and I never even heard of adiana. 

swiperno
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM

From what i can tell Adiana is just a different form of Essure. Hopefully someone will post about it.

wickedgirl
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I been having some issues with my menstrual circle. Doctor said we need to do some test. Well... knowing that I do not have any tolerance for pain I should had ask to be sedated. The first procedure was done three weeks ago. I had a endometrial biopsy with a hysteroscopy. Now I called the procedure from hell. It is the most cruel and agonizing pain I ever had. Besides having my left ovary and fallopian tube twisted by a 3 lbs. tumor 20 years ago.  Doctor gave me a Valium, a Vicodin and a injection on my arm for the pain. I felt both injections in my cervix and everything else in between. It felt more like been stab multiple times with an ice-pick. I never experience anything close to the pain I suffered. My poor doctor kept apologizing during the entire procedure, while I was screaming and crying the entire time.

Now, you think that after that incident I would think twice before moving forward with Adiana... I had it done last Friday after reading the panflet  I decided to go ahead because it was going to be just  "mild discomfort during the procedure" .  This time the doctor gave me two Vicodin and two Valium. Well, that did not do anything for me at all.  Besides opening your female part wide...you get two injections on your cervix (one up and one low) ...yes i did scream both times, like in a horror movie.  The doctor clamp your lower cervix and pull downward your cervix and uterus mid point into your vagina. Then your uterus is fill with some fluid. To reach your fallopian tube, the speculum is shifted to the left or right . Needless to say I had no anesthesia at all. Just my cervix got some... other than that, every pull, insert of item and the so call 12 minutes turn more like hours of horror. My advice to you ask your doctor to fully sedated you.

Would I ever go back to see any OB/GYN... not sure yet. According to my psychiatry I have PDSD. Wake up in the middle of the night with horrible nightmares. I break in tears everytime I think about it, and play back each moment of the procedure in my head like a movie. I break in hives all over my body each time I talk about it. I can't concentrate at work, i break in tears in a middle of a meeting today. Today is Tuesday and I am still taking Ibuprofen 800ml twice a day for the cramps thanks to Adiana.

southernjess3
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

i just got a laproscopic tubal! 3 incisions, one in my belly button, one near each tube. got it almost 2 weeks ago. first week there was pain, im not gonna lie, but otherwise no problems. healing nicely.

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM
I had the laprascopic tubal in October of last year and things went fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)