Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4 year old... a tablet???

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM
  • 30 Replies

i am looking to buy my son an android tablet.. he was gonna get one from santa but he doesnt want to wait... so he asked if he can use the money out of his piggy bank.. me and the hubby talked it over and decided he could... santa will get him something else.. LOL.. so anyways there is a shit ton of 7 in ones on ebay for under 100 bucks.. what should i look for or stay away from??

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM
What's a tablet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommatbot
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM

what's a tablet?

kristy0833
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM

its a android tablet like a knock off ipad..

JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM
I would not buy a tablet for a 4 year old. My 4 year old has an iPod touch but only because we didn't have anything else to do with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavp84
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I thought those were just as expensive... still $500 or more...

Quoting kristy0833:

kristy0833
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

see he wanted a ipod touch.. but these are cheaper and bigger and have more free apps.. he basically just wants it for angry birds and zoodles.. which will be nice cuz he wont run off with my phone..

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I would not buy a tablet for a 4 year old. My 4 year old has an iPod touch but only because we didn't have anything else to do with it!

kristy0833
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM

yeah for a name brand one.. there are tons of 7 inch (smaller ones) on ebay for just under 100

Quoting kavp84:

I thought those were just as expensive... still $500 or more...

Quoting kristy0833:

Mom4-3
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I would never buy a 4 year old a tablet, they are not responsible enough to take care of it. JMO

kristy0833
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

see hes had his DSi for almost a year and a half.. and i can put movies on it for the car.. he can play games.. and all sorts of fun-ness

Quoting Mom4-3:

I would never buy a 4 year old a tablet, they are not responsible enough to take care of it. JMO

JessiBell
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I don't know much about that tablet...But my 4 year old son has an iPad and he absolutely loves it...Mostly for Angry Birds lol. My only advice would be something I'm sure you already know..which is that just because he has one does not mean he can play it all day long whenever he wants. He still has limits, and still has to earn play time on it. Have fun though! Those things are awesome for travel! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN