Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"Baby Mama" and the new GF

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:41 PM
  • 23 Replies

Why is it that some Mothers feel it is okay to dictate who their childs father dates, marries or what have you...I see this shit all the time and it is sickening! I see too many women on here complain about the new GF posting pictures on Facebook also...is it that serious? I honestly think that in many circumstances the bitterness comes from not being in charge anymore...just my opinion! 

by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelxBaby07
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Bump............
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:44 PM
ny more I don't worry about it because he isn't around but when he was he dated horrible people. Druggies 15 year olds people fresh out of prison. It wasn't a safe situation for dd. If it had been a normal woman with the balls to introduce her self to me and have her life on track I would have never questioned it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emelymac
by Emely on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:45 PM

IDK, but I agree with you. It just makes them look like crazy bitches.

But, their reasons are most likely that they have  every right to know who is around their child and if they don't like them they can't come anywhere near their kid. Also, that she has no right to post pics because it's not her child.

ojac
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:45 PM
I see it too and these same women watch their husbands ex wife and are envious when they marry someone who makes more money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Shelley-
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I can't imagine it's easy watching another woman play 'mom' to your child.

Kendallsmama15
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:46 PM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I think to a point, you do have a right. If DH and I divorced, I wouldn't just want him dating any chick unless I knew she was straight up and ok. Would you want your ex to date someone who was a drug user or an alcoholic or an abuser? And then allow that person to have contact with your child? Think about it.

pse07
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM
it's their kid and they don't want random people in and out their lives. They aren't crazy just cautious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM

While I do agree that the ex or "baby's mom" has absolutely no say in who the guy dates and brings around their child, I don't agree with the new girlfriend posting pictures of a child that isn't hers.  Unless she's been around for a long time and plays a huge part in the child's life.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Well honestly to me it would depend on how long they had been together. If he and his new gf had only been dating a few months and she put my kids pic on FB, yea I would have a problem with it. But if they were together for a few years, probably not. Also it would depend on if I knew her. It has nothing to do with me controlling him and his relationships, but more it has to do with the safety of my child.

As for thinking I have a say n who my ex dates? lol Why would I care? Either I left him for a reason or he was dumb enough to leave me. Once those papers are signed I dont care what he does as long as the safety of our child is put above everything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN