Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Period again after having a period two weeks ago?? UPDATE #2

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM
  • 42 Replies

I just had my period two weeks ago, but today I am having some light bleeding like my period may be starting again. I have never had this problem before except for when I was on birth control and I bled all of the time. LOL. I am not on birth control now, and I had my tubes tied when my youngest was born..she's almost 5 now.

Anyone ever had weird periods before? Should I just wait to see if it goes away, or should I put a call into the doctor?

UPDATE:

I am not bleeding now. I still had a little pink when I wiped earlier, but not sure if I even have that now. My boobs are very, very sore now though. They always get sore right before I start my period. UGH. I really hope I am not going to  have another period this soon!  That would suck!! =( LOL

UPDATE #2:

It has been a couple of days now. I still haven't started actually bleeding a lot, so I don't think I was starting my period early. I did have a tiny bit of pink once when I wiped today, but it just happened that one time. However, my boobs are still VERY sore! Do you all think that this is just severe PMS symptoms? I just wonder if my boobs are going to be sore until I actually start my period. They always get sore before I have a period, but never this far ahead. They usually get sore a few days to a week before...never this early. Anyone have PMS symptoms like this before? Someone mentioned that maybe it was ovulation bleeding, but can that cause breast tenderness too? Maybe my hormones are all out of whack this month... I just hope this doesn't mean that I am going to have an exceptionally painful period this time. =( 

by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JZB
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Bumpity because I don't know

MultiPara
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Are you hanging around females a lot lately? Your cycles can sync up. Its weird but it used to happen to me and my girlfriends.

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Nope not recently. I have actually been home with just DH and the kids for the past few weeks...not much of social life these past few weeks. LOL

Quoting MultiPara:

Are you hanging around females a lot lately? Your cycles can sync up. Its weird but it used to happen to me and my girlfriends.

kfroz0415
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:16 PM

It can really be a vast number of things, but my doctor's rule of thumb is any unexplained bright red bleeding warrants a call to her office, "just to be on the safe side."

I used to have the most bizarre periods, but I had ovarian cysts and most recently a cyst on my cervix, both of which need to be checked/monitored. 

KRISTYLOVE
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:17 PM
I always have that problem and birth contol fixes it sometimes. I have a hormonal problem and my doctor calls having two periods a month breakthrough bleeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Texas-Mommy-
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:17 PM
I have real heavy periods. And had 2 periods in a month not long ago. If it continues get with your dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Not long ago..I was having really weird periods. I'd bleed for 2-2 1/2 weeks straight, stop for a week, then start again for another 2 -2 1/2 weeks. It was ridiculous. I went to the doctor, and she said it was probably a hormone problem and recommended that I try Mirena. But, I had to wait till my next period.....and, of course, right after that, they got weird in a different way. Now, they last 2-3 days and I have a 1 1/2-2 months in between....so I haven't been able to get Mirena yet since my periods have fallen on the weekend ever since. Very frustrating.

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Bump for update.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM

That's happened to me a couple of times. I've always wondered why.

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I hate having my period once a month...it really sucks to have it twice in one month! LOL. No real bleeding yet though..hopefully I won't have any until my period is supposed to actually come. haha

Quoting thatgirl70:

That's happened to me a couple of times. I've always wondered why.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN