Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 2 Year Old Is Cross Eyed?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have noticed lately my 2 year old gets crossed eyed at times. It's always just either one eye or the other not moving in conjuction with the other eye. It's never both eyes. It happens sometimes, but not all the time.

I made an appointment with an eye doctor for Weds, he has never been to an eye doctor before because I didn't know u could bring them and have their eyes checked before they were old enough to read the letter chart.

Anyone deal with this? If the cure for it is glasses or a patch I am screwed, he will not keep one on. He is delayed and does not understand a lot of what I say, and is overall at the level of a 14 month old.

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MissLinn
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Two of my cousin's kids had this from birth. One just wears glasses, the other needed surgery as a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I hope everything is okay with your son and his vision.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Aw Jamie can't catch a break  :(  Idk mama but good luck!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:26 PM

It's one thing after another lately. His dad told me he is legally blind in one eye, but who knows if that is true. He is such a liar u never know.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Bump good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SThompson21
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM

one of my ds's eyes turn in. his is because where the muscle is attached to his eye

mtanner1127
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM

My ds has this problem with both eyes. he actually has had glasses since he was 1 year old. he was diagnosed with amblyopic strabismus, basically he has cross eyes and lazy eyes at the same time. My ds is now going to be 6 years old, we have patched and now we are working toward surgery. he is legally blind w/out glasses. He also has developmental delays which were actually caused by his blindness. My best advice is just pray on this and be strong. it is definetely not easy but a lot of frustration comes from the children not being able to see. now that my ds is seeing a new opthamologic surgeon and has yet another stronger prescription for glasses his development has increased. I will pray for you and your child. Keep your head up.

lisa601
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM

My son did that as well at times.  We didn't find out it was a problem until his K eye visit.  He got glasses and a patch.  They said he would have to wear the patch for up to 6 months!  Thankfully, he wore it so well that after 5 weeks of patching all day he didn't have to wear it anymore.   

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Sounds like lazy eye
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN