Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stumped need help

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM
  • 16 Replies

My son starts school in ppcd in one week. I had his snacks planned out and they blew a hole straight through them. I need advice. He can't have sugar. NO white bread, no pasta, no crackers unless they are countered by protien. LIke peanut butter crackers are ok. But the school gave me a restriction no nuts at all. I can do bananas for some reason. he loves cheese. He loves bologna. I can't send anything that needs to be heated. No fruit because of the sugar in them. I can get him to eat veggies sometimes he used to eat them alot. But now not so much. But if all I send is bologna and cheese this kids is going to be totally constipated. Vienna sausages is another idea I have. And tuna salad crackers. beyond that I have no ideas at all. His snacks have to be high protien. so hit me with ideas.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Why all the rules?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

BUMP!

opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Quoting MissLinn:

Why all the rules?

The no sugar is cause If he gets sugar he gets major yeast infections. and the no nut rule is due to one of the girls in the class being deathly allergic to nuts

twisted_charlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Wow um, do you have a Dillons or Kroger near you? They have a specialty food section that has foods that are sugar free....pretty much everything-free. Why are they being so picky?

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Try hummus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Oh the no sugar is your rule. Ok. K thought the school was imposing that. I've never dealt with a diet that special so I'm not sure. What does he snack on at home?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting MissLinn:

Why all the rules?

The no sugar is cause If he gets sugar he gets major yeast infections. and the no nut rule is due to one of the girls in the class being deathly allergic to nuts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Quoting twisted_charlie:

Wow um, do you have a Dillons or Kroger near you? They have a specialty food section that has foods that are sugar free....pretty much everything-free. Why are they being so picky?

yes I have a krogers. They are eliminating the nuts. I have to eliminate sugar on him due to health reasons.

opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Quoting MissLinn:

Oh the no sugar is your rule. Ok. K thought the school was imposing that. I've never dealt with a diet that special so I'm not sure. What does he snack on at home?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting MissLinn:

Why all the rules?

chicken , peanut butter crackers and sandwiches cause the protien off sets the sugar. Banans , bologna , cheese, and left overs. cold hamburgers, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, grilled chicken

twisted_charlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Your best bet is to try their specialty food section, I have to shop there for my daughter's health needs and they have a huge variety of snacks that are sugar free. Looking on the label will help you figure out the protein content. They sell cheese crackers there, but I don't remember the brand.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting twisted_charlie:

yes I have a krogers. They are eliminating the nuts. I have to eliminate sugar on him due to health reasons.

opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Quoting twisted_charlie:

Your best bet is to try their specialty food section, I have to shop there for my daughter's health needs and they have a huge variety of snacks that are sugar free. Looking on the label will help you figure out the protein content. They sell cheese crackers there, but I don't remember the brand.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting twisted_charlie:

do you have any idea how much protien count is needed to offset the sugar in the crackers by chance. I know probably not but if you say no I am still in the same boat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)