Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Government officials salary

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM
  • 15 Replies
I see these fb statuses about cutting presidents/congress members, etc pay when they make 200-350 a year. I am really wondering who they could get to have all the responsibilities of running a country for less than that... Would make me very uncomfortable! What do you guys think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smarshy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

I think that they deserve more than what they do make.

Karyanne24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Me too!! Seriously it's not that easy of a job! And government spending really wouldn't be affected by cutting it either.

Quoting smarshy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Considering idiots like Snooki make way more than that. *smh*

Quoting smarshy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tfro
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:42 AM

if they expect teachers, cops, firefighters and other people who work for our government to take pay cuts to balance the budget they should be stepping forward and doing the same thing. 

Karyanne24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM
They aren't even making much money really. And how many congress members are there as compared to say teachers or firefighters?

Quoting tfro:

if they expect teachers, cops, firefighters and other people who work for our government to take pay cuts to balance the budget they should be stepping forward and doing the same thing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peytonsmommy44
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Lol....no doubt. I hate when they compare other occupations salaries to the senate and rep's as well. If that teacher WANTED to make more money, they would have gotten a law degree.

Not bashing teachers BTW, they just clearly don't go into it expecting any more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karyanne24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM
I know right? The level of education alone speaks to them having a higher salary!

Quoting peytonsmommy44:

Lol....no doubt. I hate when they compare other occupations salaries to the senate and rep's as well. If that teacher WANTED to make more money, they would have gotten a law degree.

Not bashing teachers BTW, they just clearly don't go into it expecting any more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tfro
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:48 AM

if there isnt enough money to pay for public services they should be included.  if we are that badly in debt then they should get their salary, lifelong pensions and healthcare benefits cut in the same way in order to save money.  when was the last time a congress member ran over to your burning house and pulled your child to safety and where would your children go to get an education if teachers didnt exist?  to say that they dont have equally important jobs is asinine.

Quoting Karyanne24:

They aren't even making much money really. And how many congress members are there as compared to say teachers or firefighters?

Quoting tfro:

tfro
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

all public servants should be held to the same standards regardless of what their wage is.  if there isnt enough money to go around then EVERYONE should have to make do on less.

Quoting peytonsmommy44:

Schleetle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:55 AM
It seems like a lot of people just copy/paste random political junk as their FB status, and don't even really think about what the status actually says before posting... hey it looked cool on someone else's page right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)