Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone here have OCD?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 AM
  • 14 Replies
if so, how do you deal with it? I have had it for 3 years & I need help! It was on the down low for awhile, but it came back in full swing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juicebox-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:34 AM

I'm all kinds of weird, but no ocd.  Sorry :(

futuremilf831
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM
Its okay :)

Quoting juicebox-:

I'm all kinds of weird, but no ocd.  Sorry :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heart_2_a_USM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:39 AM

I don't. Very very nitpicky about cleaning the house in a certain order though. I used to think I had it, but saw a documentary on some ppl wil OCD and will never again claim I have it. Sorry, Rambling. I hate just posting bump, so boring. Good luck though!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:40 AM

I dont have it either. Have you gone to a dr to treat it at all or been trying all the at home ways to "break" it?

MeLuvYou
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:42 AM
My bf has it. Everything has to be perfect or he goes nuts. I mess with him and rearrange things. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremilf831
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:46 AM
I want non medicinal ways to treat it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I dont have it either. Have you gone to a dr to treat it at all or been trying all the at home ways to "break" it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:55 AM

I have it. I can not stand odd numbers, everything has to be aligned, and I have to keep to a certain routine everyday or I feel out of whack. Dh thinks it's funny sometimes. I have been to therapy, not for that but was one of the things I dealt with. It use to be a lot worse, but I have managed it so far. 

Try some meditation. People with OCD have a lot of anxiety. Sit yourself in a calm environment and collect your thoughts.

Heart_2_a_USM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Quoting futuremilf831:

I want non medicinal ways to treat it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I don't know what your OCD consists of, but I have horrible anxiety and exposure treatment is helping me with some of it.

bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:11 AM
I went through some exposure treatment, but it honestly made it worse for me. I don't think I was ready. I have had OCD for about 13 years. I manage my OCD by a set cleaning schedule. I used to be awake for up to 3 days at a time cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Now I force myself not to clean something that's not scheduled for the day.

I have to have everything symmetrical and I am working on this, in small steps. My clothes still have to be color sorted and by sleeve length, but at least I have let go of my obsession with doing it with my husband's stuff.

Anyway, so for my my schedule helps my not become anxious and it took time to get used to it and force myself to follow it. I am letting stuff go bit by bit, but at my pace and its not overwhelming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremilf831
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:13 AM
I have an obsession with the number 8. Everything I do is in counts of 8. 8 steps, 8 chews, I count everything in 8 counts. I flip the switch everytime I leave the bathroom, I check to see if the toilets flushed, 8 times. I pray for everything, if I don't, I get anxious & I think I am going to hell.

If I don't get on my knees & pray, I feel like I am failing. If I forget to pray before I eat, I spit out my food, & pray & then put the chewed food back in my mouth.

I also have those darn intrusive thoughts...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)