Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think you DON'T LIKE YOUR CHILD!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:08 AM
  • 82 Replies

Poll

Question: DO YOU LIKE YOUR CHILD??

Options:

YES ALL THE TIME.. I LIKE MY CHILD... NOT LOVE... LIKE!

NO.. SOMETIMES I DON'T LIKE MY CHILD.. I ALWAYS LOVE THEM.. BUT SOMETIMES.. DON'T LIKE THEM!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 156

View Results

Love them => sure!
My thesis is this: 70% of american mothers LOVE THEIR CHILD..BUT DO NOT LIKE THEIR CHILD & OR THE WAY THE CHILD ACTS!

WHAT DO YOU SAY?

I NEVER SAID.. DO YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD..

LOVE=

Definition of LOVE

a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b : an assurance of affection <give her my love>
: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1) : a beloved person : darling -often used as a term of endearment (2) British -used as an informal term of address
a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
: a god or personification of love
: an amorous episode : love affair
: the sexual embrace : copulation
: a score of zero (as in tennis)
capitalized Christian Science : god
- at love
: holding one's opponent scoreless in tennis
- in love
: inspired by affection

LIKE= 

Definition of LIKE

transitive verb
chiefly dialect : to be suitable or agreeable to <I like onions but they don't like me>
a : to feel attraction toward or take pleasure in : enjoy <likes baseball> b : to feel toward : regard <how would you like a change>
: to wish to have : want <would like a drink>
: to do well in <this plant likes dry soil> <my car does not like cold weather>
intransitive verb
dialect : approve
: to feel inclined : choose, prefer <leave any time you like>

Examples of LIKE

1. He likes baseball, but he loves football.
  2. Do you like Mexican food?
  3. I liked the movie a lot more than I thought I would.
  4. I don't know what it is about that guy, but I just don't like him.
  5. They were political allies who truly liked each other.
  6. What is it that you like or dislike about him most?
  7. She says she likes him as a friend but she's not attracted to him.
  8. My boss was a tough guy, but I liked him for his honesty.
Related to LIKE

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bananahammock1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:09 AM
I say its true! Lol! No one likes everyone all the time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:11 AM

I agree 100%. I really don't like the way my child is so lazy and uncaring for anything but himself, or so it seems. I'm hoping he grows out of it, but I really worry about him sometimes. I am afraid he is going to be just like his father. I told him I would beat it out of him if I have to. (Kidding, I really wouldn't, but I would think about it)

mom2lyl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:14 AM

i love my daughter unconditionally, all of her corky habits, and i can't help but laugh when she tries to back talk because all i see is a younger version of me. so no, i don't dislike my child, she is my everything.

juicebox-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I don't like playing cars.  And watching trains is boring.  And I hate Ni Hoa.  And I hate Dora even more.  And why won't you just watch Nemo with me?  Why does it always have to be some dumb cartoon?  And Thomas SUCKS!!!  He's boring as all hell. 

ballerina18
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 AM

I agree with this! Whenever my DD is being sassy or difficult I just see myself in her.

Quoting mom2lyl:

i love my daughter unconditionally, all of her corky habits, and i can't help but laugh when she tries to back talk because all i see is a younger version of me. so no, i don't dislike my child, she is my everything.

juicebox-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:21 AM

None of us dislike our kids, but not every moment is a fairytale.  I've been puked on.  And once he pooped on my floor.  If he'd been anyone else, I'd have kicked him out right there.

Quoting mom2lyl:

mom2lyl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:44 AM

i have been pooped, peed, puked and bleed on and i still can't get mad at my daughter. i always end up laughing at her, even the time she got spit up in my mouth, i was laughing, puking and crying at the same time. She can make a bad day good by just being herself. Thank God for mini me's.

2ndtimemom605
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:54 AM
I'm not an American mom,but I agree,I have moments(usually during a tantrum)that I don't like my children.I love them unconditionally,and I would do anything for them,but life isn't always rainbows and unicorns with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boys4momma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Exactly ladies.. I am not saying you want to disown them.. but somewhere inside.. We just don't like them.

There is something we wish they did better..

YOU KNOW LIKE OBEYING!

NOT EMBARESSING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AT THE RESTRAUNT.. OR

INTENTIONALLY FARTING "AS LOUD AS HE CAN" IN CHURCH..

Trust me.. My son.. I love!!

THERE ARE MOMENTS.. I DON'T LIKE .. HIM!

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Quoting mom2lyl:

How old is she?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)