• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NO PLAY TIME ...IT'S BEDTIME

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does any of your kids wake up out of the blue in the early morning all hyper and wanting to play? Mine went down about an hour or so ago. It is now 2:30. He is all bouncing off the walls. This does not happen nightly(THANK GOD) but when it does, it is a bit frustrating. Ds sleeps at least 12 hours so if he is up late then he gets up later in the afternoon. I don't feel much like staying indoors until after 3(after he gets up, eats, plays...etc).

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2lyl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:33 AM

my daughter is a year old and she does this about twice a month. Its frustrating but remember they grow out of it. I just put on a pot of coffee, blues clues and I do everything i can to wear her out so she will go back to sleep.

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Quoting mom2lyl:

my daughter is a year old and she does this about twice a month. Its frustrating but remember they grow out of it. I just put on a pot of coffee, blues clues and I do everything i can to wear her out so she will go back to sleep.

awwww

My son loves the blues. I haven't listened to a lot of it but he bobs his head a lot when he hears it lol.

Yup. If he wakes up I will see what I can do. I went in there and told him it's night night. He has been quiet so far..........If he wants to eat then I feed him. I know if I were to wake up hungry, I would eat.

bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:38 AM

My son has done that a couple of times.  Our rule is if its before 4 am he has to lay down and read.

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:39 AM

It is defintely before 4 am. He is 16 months in 3 days.

So far he is back to sleep.....

briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:39 AM

My 10 month old is up now. I am exhausted... I hope I can get her back to sleep. We have to be up in about 3 or 4 hours :(

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Quoting briellesmomma:

My 10 month old is up now. I am exhausted... I hope I can get her back to sleep. We have to be up in about 3 or 4 hours :(

***hugs***

I hope so too:(

angela.bouchard
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:49 AM

yes my son just turned a year old and for once he started sleeping through the night he's done this at least 2 or 3 times a month.. well this last week he's done it every single night. and my neighbors just started bitching at me about it yesterday morning, fabulous.

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:05 AM
Yeah, my son was up from 3-4am this morning. In all fairness, I kind of messed with his schedule and woke him up super early yesterday ( we had an appt) so he was asleep and 6pm last night. He's still asleep right now and its 6am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:08 AM

DD is 5 and she is still up right now.  Was in bed the average time for her age (8-9pm) and woke up about 11 ready to go.  Now she is watching barney with daddy before i shut the house down for sleeping.

MisfitInTN
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 AM
When ds was younger he used to. He did sleep through the night til he was 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)