Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Pull or Not to Pull!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

My oldest ds has a tooth that is loose really loose, with his permanent tooth behind it...  He won't let any of us touch his loose tooth.  He says it hurts and he's scared.  So I don't know what to do!!!  Should I let it fall out on it's own or attempt to pull it?  

Yay Eric Northman has Amnesia!!!  True Blood actually airs 9pm Eastern on HBO.  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:03 AM
I don't know but I'm bumping for ya!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom24girlsmt
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:05 AM

We just had the same issue! It needs to come out! It could abscess or even ruin his adult tooth... so I was told, but we went to the dentist and she pulled it out. GL

LCG83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:06 AM
My DS was the same way. I will fall out on it's own eventually. I'd just leave it be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:07 AM

I pulled my sons. He has lost 5 so far. 3 in one week lol. Anyways he was scared at first but I assured him that, yes it might hurt but I would be as gentle as possible. He did his best to be a brave boy and was so excited when I got it out! lol

crazymom21
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Let it be. Once the adult tooth comes through some more it will fall out. There really is no need to pull it. Baby teeth generally are just holding the adult tooths spot. It'll come out when its ready :D I've got 2 kids loosing baby teeth and 2 more who will one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:12 AM

This is the same ds that screamed bloody murder for his first hair cut lmao!!!  He won't let anyone near his mouth!  I tried saying that and he kind of started crying worse.  Now he's upset with mommy and giving me the silent treatment.

Quoting mamacam7:

I pulled my sons. He has lost 5 so far. 3 in one week lol. Anyways he was scared at first but I assured him that, yes it might hurt but I would be as gentle as possible. He did his best to be a brave boy and was so excited when I got it out! lol

MisfitInTN
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:27 AM
Let it be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:32 AM

We struck up a deal...  DS said he will catch it if it falls out...  So that the tooth fairy can buy him a transformer for his pain and suffering lmao!!!  He said no to the dentist.  

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Let it be. I'm betting he will get it out on his own.

PeytonNBella
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 AM

My niece had that happen with all of her baby teeth, she went to the dentist to have them removed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)