Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which should i do ?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM
  • 39 Replies

I'm flying to another state to close on a house that dh and I are renovating and then plan to move to. We set everything up with the bank and realtor while we were there this past week on vacation. The house is only in my name and dh has to work and then there are our children so we thought it would be best if I just go alone.

We have a friend of many years who lives there who has offered to pick me up at the airport, drive me around, and let me stay over night at his place. We have stayed there as a family before.

Well I totally trust him but was just wondering if it might be a better idea to just rent a car at the airport and do my running around and then just catch the next flight back. Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Speechless...  I'm in awe as to why he's your friend if you don't trust him...

itseebitsee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:05 AM
My last paragraph starts with I totally trust him...

Quoting yezay:

Speechless...  I'm in awe as to why he's your friend if you don't trust him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 AM

If you trust him then why are you nervous?

itseebitsee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

I never said I was nervous...just wondering if it would be more "correct" to just handle my business on my own.

Quoting beerebelly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Well if you trust him, then why are you worried? If your DH is concerned about it, yeah then probably best you rent a car, but if he's not bothered by it, *shrug*.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM
I'd get a car
You don't wanna have to wait for someone to be ready so u can run errands
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginabear1
I agree

Quoting beerebelly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2

Obviously there is a reason you are uncomfortable with this situation.

I have stayed with male friends without my husband/kids. Because they are just friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

beerebelly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Who cares then.  Do whatever you feel is best.

i.heart.rachel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Just sleep with him and get it over with. Then come back and post about it when hubby finds out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)