Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They destroyed our car.....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 45 Replies
I let my dad work on my car. he's a former mechanic. I asked him not to mess with a certain part of the car without telling me. as a result the car kept overheating and it blew a head, now the car is burning oil like crazy and the engine is going to go soon. and my mother has the balls to tell me to take the car to the junk yard after her husband's destroyed my car. all because my dad had to be a f***ing know it all. it had no problems before he looked at it except that it needed a power steering belt.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I never let anyone work on my vehicles,I take them to the dealership...so if something goes wrong I have a guarantee.

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Never again I'll tell you.I'm done with this "family" of mine...
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Did you approach your dad with the problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:43 AM

i would make them buy me a new car

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM
I told him about the problem before hand I actually made another post about that yesterday...
however it a little bit late now the car is done 4.

Quoting iamcafemom83:Did you approach your dad with the problem?
littlejjsmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Should've taken it to a real mechanic
ginabear1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 AM
He would have to pay for another car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:47 AM
but I'm not allowed to get mad because it was a faver and I just have to send my car to the junk yard... that's what my mom told me
jparker289
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:48 AM
Don't drive it until you can fix it. Did it throw a rod or did the gasket just blow? If you are driving with no oil and a piston rod sticks it can be pushed out of the top of your block and threw your hood. It can crack a windshield on your car or someone else's car. Please be careful driving a car with a bad head. And if it does go, call around before you scrap it. Some places pay per ton and some places pay for make, model and condition. There is a place here in cincinnati that pays $300 for cars no matter what the weight is or price of steel. If you need help PM me I can find junk yards on a national data base thru a dealership.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Do you have any other means of transportation until you have enough money to have it fixed. Yes you are allowed to be upset,I don't understand your mom's way of thinking.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

but I'm not allowed to get mad because it was a faver and I just have to send my car to the junk yard... that's what my mom told me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)