Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I am a horrible mom....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM
  • 77 Replies

It is the first day of school and my kids do not have fresh haircuts.  They are wearing clothes they have had forever.  They are using last year's backpacks.  Going back to school is just another day here. It isn't some huge event that you need to wear your Sunday best for.  They are just kids that can't wait to see their friends. They don't care about putting on a fashion show.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvbug75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:29 AM

alrighty then.....

graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Remember they luv u no matter what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose73
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM
The only new thing DS got was a pair of tennis shoes and some socks. And yesterday DD and her friend bedazzled their old back packs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ibebreezy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM

oh no they might diiiiiiiiieeeee!!!!!

i hope you see the error of your ways soon before they lose their special snowflake status in the world.

ibebreezy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM

oh and i'm totally calling cps. that's obvious neglect and abuse.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM

My kids won't have new hair cuts and are reusing their back packs. I do like to get them new clothes though, atleast a few things because it is always nice to have something new to wear

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I guess I'm a horrible mom, too.  My kids didn't have new clothes.  They did have new backpacks, because the ones from last year have fallen apart.  They didn't have new haircuts.  They did have new shoes, because they outgrew the old ones.  

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM

If it's not a big deal to them, then who cares.  Anyone that has a problem with it can bite you.

caito
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I'm calling CPS on you

colken02
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM
I feel the same as you, but I know its a big deal to my daughter so I try to make it a big deal for her. My son could honestly care less what he wears or what he has new. As long as he has clothes on he is happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)