Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate myself right now

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

It completely slipped my mind to schedule my daughter's physical for school. She can get in to get her vaccines on the 19th but they can't do a physical until September 1. None of the area clinics will take her unless I'm transferring care and they're all booked through the end of August anyway.

She's probably going to miss her first 2 days of school because her mother is a fucking idiot.

I feel like shit right now. She's going to be so upset. I'm so fucking stupid!!! Gah.

crying

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Have you called the school and asked what can be done? I'm sure this has happened before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

jenn1172
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Call the school.  I had the same problem and as long as I could prove the vaccinations by the 2nd week of school, it was fine.

-Shelley-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yes, the receptionist said as far as she knows she can't start without the physical. But the school nurse wasn't in, so she wasn't absolutely certain. I'm waiting for her to come in.

I'm also going to call her ped and see if there are any cancellations. I freakin' hope there are.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Have you called the school and asked what can be done? I'm sure this has happened before.

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Hugs. Dont beat yourself up. These things happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Take her to the health department
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM

You should check with your health dept,I know the one here does vaccinations.

jparker289
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Call the board of health, they will tell you where to get one done before school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metalmommaof1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM

our school gives us until oct 15 to get everything in cause i thought i was screwed for her lead screening and that is wht her school said to us. maybe there is a deadline that you could get it in by

sojourner.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Why does she HAVE to get a physical? I get vaccines...but a physical? Really?

-Shelley-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Ok, so she's going in on Friday to get her shots at her regular pediatrician. I found a walk-in clinic that can take her, but they don't take my insurance so it's going to cost me $150. Whatever. As long as she can start kindergarten on time, I don't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)