Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor across the street is crazy!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM
  • 16 Replies

One of the neighbors across the street is on Disability and I swear is either schizophrenic or just plain nuts. DF, me and another neighbor were outside a couple weeks ago and she stopped us to tell us that during the night people hide on our carport, in our trees etc. to take pictures of her. She said that they are trying to catch her doing something wrong so they can take her off disability. We just said ''oh yeah, wow we can't believe that.'' What else do you say, ya know? She says that she has pictures of them hiding up in the trees.

Last Monday DF was going to work around 6:00a.m. and saw her standing in the middle of the road to taking pictures. She stopped DF and told him that one of the guys was in our yard hiding in a bush. DF told her that he had just walked by that bush and didn't see anyone. She insisted that he was there. DF just told her that he had to go before he was late, because he didn't know what else to say.

Last night, around 12:00 I was still up watching TV because I couldn't fall asleep and I heard DS whining in his sleep so I went to go check on him. When I walked in his room I could see flashes that I thought was maybe lightening, and then I realized it was flashes from a camera. DS's room faces the road, and her house. I watched for a minute and she was talking, and pointing up in the trees and then taking pictures. I kept checking up on DS and finally before I went to bed at 1:00 I checked one more time, and she was STILL out there taking random pictures.

It creeps me out! I don't want her taking pictures of my house anymore. Not that I probably can stop her but, it just drives me nuts! Oh and about 3x a month there is a cop at her door. We don't know if she's calling them or if other people are.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
benjamink
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I'm sorry. Living near the mentally ill can be tiring. Hopefully things will get better for you.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM

omg that would creep me out

spastic_poodle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM
She sounds fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Living next to someone who has a mental illness can be trying. I understand. At least our schizophrenic neighbor just meows and barks at our dogs. Sorry maybe try getting some help from the police especially if she is coming into your yard. 

connorsmommy120
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

LOL...I'm sorry but that cracked me up!

I doubt they would do anything. She doesn't actually come into our yard, she just comes as close as possible.

Quoting Luv_my_hubby:

Living next to someone who has a mental illness can be trying. I understand. At least our schizophrenic neighbor just meows and barks at our dogs. Sorry maybe try getting some help from the police especially if she is coming into your yard. 

IluvSpaghettios
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Oh wow she's quite a piece of work!! There was a neighbor who lived behind my dad, I was like 14 or 15 and this lady called the house. She always called to talk to my dad because he's really nice to the strange people LOL Anyways, she called to tell me there was a whale loose in the neighborhood drains and to watch out for it... Hmm.. ok!! It was so funny I called another neighbor and told her the same thing, we laughed for a good 20 minutes. She always called the police on my nephews( who were like 8 and 10 back then and rode their bikes and skateboards constantly) for jumping on her roof and ramping their bikes off her house at like 3 am, they were in bed!! She didn't do shit very often but when she did it was a little off the wall!! Kept us entertained lol 

connorsmommy120
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM

LMAO!

Quoting IluvSpaghettios:

Oh wow she's quite a piece of work!! There was a neighbor who lived behind my dad, I was like 14 or 15 and this lady called the house. She always called to talk to my dad because he's really nice to the strange people LOL Anyways, she called to tell me there was a whale loose in the neighborhood drains and to watch out for it... Hmm.. ok!! It was so funny I called another neighbor and told her the same thing, we laughed for a good 20 minutes. She always called the police on my nephews( who were like 8 and 10 back then and rode their bikes and skateboards constantly) for jumping on her roof and ramping their bikes off her house at like 3 am, they were in bed!! She didn't do shit very often but when she did it was a little off the wall!! Kept us entertained lol 

2lilboysmommyR
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM
That made me crack up too. I'm sorry both of your stories did. Eh i'm a bitch right?

I guess it made it funny cause I imagined her taking pics like the paparazzi, or some high paid photographer saying make looooove to the camera lol.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

I doubt they would do anything. She doesn't actually come into our yard, she just comes as close as possible.

Quoting Luv_my_hubby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM

If she is talking like that then she probably needs some help. Maybe her meds aren't working or she is not taking them. I would call adult services and have them do a check on her.

connorsmommy120
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Oh my gosh, you just made me laugh so flipping hard. DS came running out, ''What Mom? What is SO funny."

Quoting 2lilboysmommyR:

That made me crack up too. I'm sorry both of your stories did. Eh i'm a bitch right?

I guess it made it funny cause I imagined her taking pics like the paparazzi, or some high paid photographer saying make looooove to the camera lol.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Quoting Luv_my_hubby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)