• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the silliest stupid thing you have told your kids?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you ever just tell them something stupid just to stop them from doing something or just don't have the energy to explain?

For me I have a few

Your face will freeze like that.

Eating play-doh will make your belly button turn green

We can't go to the toy store after 8pm cause the toys need to sleep.

The water going down the drain is a good thing because it has to go home to his mommy.

Drinking slim fast will make  your butt fall off. 

I don't remember telling them half of them but they do.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snoopy21276
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM

oh my fav is at christmas time we hang an elf ornament front and center on the tree and tell them it is a santa spy :) It keeps track of their behavior in the house to determine which list they go on :) hahahaha! They so believe it.. at the time they were 3 and 4 when we started it. .they are 6 and 7  and still look forward to the elf spy!

norahsmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM
I tell my kids the "it has to go home to mommy" thing all the time! They are always catching bugs or collecting rocks and want to keep them forever. So I tell them that so they let things go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Quoting snoopy21276:

oh my fav is at christmas time we hang an elf ornament front and center on the tree and tell them it is a santa spy :) It keeps track of their behavior in the house to determine which list they go on :) hahahaha! They so believe it.. at the time they were 3 and 4 when we started it. .they are 6 and 7  and still look forward to the elf spy!

an elf spy... I like that

Sandyr911
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Told my DD when she asked about fog "The clouds are tired so they are sitting down"

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM
How cut e

Quoting Sandyr911:

Told my DD when she asked about fog "The clouds are tired so they are sitting down"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesmom6206
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Quoting snoopy21276:

I'm so stealing that.  My daughter asks me through out the year, is the Easter bunny watching?  Is Santa watching?  I am always like yep, so you better behave.  LOL

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:10 AM

BUMP!

Tori77
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Ok, this is pretty mean. But you have to understand that we have 8 kids and one on the way. We can have a freezer full of ice cream and they still want to go buy some from the ice cream truck that comes through here on weekends. So I started telling them that they only play that silly music on the truck when they are out of ice cream.

redneckmama2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM

to get them to behave in the store i tell them that the security cameras are really santas spy cameras :)

KarmicChild
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Tori77:

Ok, this is pretty mean. But you have to understand that we have 8 kids and one on the way. We can have a freezer full of ice cream and they still want to go buy some from the ice cream truck that comes through here on weekends. So I started telling them that they only play that silly music on the truck when they are out of ice cream.

LOL...That is fantastic.

In a nutshell, I am....a hippie-dippie; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homemaking; wife of a soldier; and SAHM to Lucy Rose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)