Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if this child....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM
  • 21 Replies

back talks me one more time today I am going to lose my friggin mind. She is being so awful today. Ive given her a time out every time she acts out the poor kid (not) has spent more time in her room than not today and its only 10am!!!!!! I can not stand her attitude. SHES 2.5 YEARS OLD! She thinks shes 20! Here is how it went earlier 

me: honey, please pick up your toys

her: hush

me: you do not use that word with me. 

her: you hush

and she's in her room. I do not even know where the heck she picked that word up we dont use it. Im so annoyed right now and Im still in pain and this is NOT a good mix

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Vacation tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM

If someone was nagging me at 10 am to pick up my toys.... LMAO i'm just kidding...

BUMP!

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Quoting malissaL:

If someone was nagging me at 10 am to pick up my toys.... LMAO i'm just kidding...

BUMP!

Normally I wouldnt care but we have someone coming to check the place to see why the hell there is a small hole in our living room ceiling lol and I dont want them tripping over toys. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Vacation tickers

MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Ah 2 year olds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Yep she's a 2 yr old its pretty par for the course I went through it with my nephew but my god shes being insane today

Vandyswife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I have one of those too!!!!! I hear it only gets worse before it gets better. I have learned that consistency is KEY!!!

xanayda
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Wait til she's 6. lol. my kid is always in trouble! lol. hope your day gets better. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vandyswife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM

yeah I just made mine clean up her room cause her Day bed is being delivered today between 1-3.... and her room was a mess. USUALLY I just make her pick up her toys from the house, and once a week we attack her room. I figure its a kids room its supposed to be messy, and she IS only 2...

I have also found that if you ask them to pick up SPECIFIC items at a time then its easier too :)

like ill say Courtney pick up all the blocks... then YAY good job Courtney, now can you pick up all the baby doll stuff..

that seems to work a little beytter then just telling her to pick everything up!

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting malissaL:

BUMP!

Normally I wouldnt care but we have someone coming to check the place to see why the hell there is a small hole in our living room ceiling lol and I dont want them tripping over toys. 

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Shit...I wish I can go back to the 2 year old backtalk. haha.

My son is almost 6, he is always backtalking and catching an attitude. He spends a lot of time in his room as well. Hopefully he grows out of it.

juliette12
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM
maybe a little patience will help?She knows she gets to you behaving like that and that's why she does it all over again,try to smile and give her a hug and then asking her to clean up,that should help
littlebabybliss
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

When I was littlle, and going in time out, I Did. Not. Care. You know why? I was sent to my room with all my toys. 

Put her in a place without distractions(corner, center of the floor where she can't see t.v etc), make it very clear why she is there, 1 minute per year of age. When she gets out have her apologize stating why she was put in time out, and then hug it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)