Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 2 Replies
I tore a tendon in my right ankle. I need surgery to fix it most likely. I've been in a cast for a month, but I dont think it helped. Doctor wanted surgery from day 1, cuz chances of it healing naturally are slim to none.

The problem is if I do this I'll be off my foot for at least 2 months. I have a special needs 3yr old. Now he goes to preschool 3 days a week for 2.5hrs a day. But he still has a lot of therapies and dr's appointments and tests needed done monthly. It never stops. So what do you do? What would you do? Would you do the surgery? (&FYI: I'm in a lot of pain walking with or without a cast) If you had an issue like this, how did you care for your children while laid up like this?

Also, originally my mother was going to fly up and help me out but she was just diagnosed with a rare cancer. She starts chemo next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Honestly, in the end...you can't be there for your child if you are not able to physically get up and move around.

The recovery is far less time , that you would have to be non-mobile..than the time it would be if you didnt get it done.

Get the surgery

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Thanks, thats very true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)