Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idea's for Ds's 5th birthday!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
Ds will turn 5 the first week in october :( my baby's growing up to fast. any way i need a cute idea for his b day. i thought maybe since his birthday is in october make it like a halloween themed. i mentioned that and my fil said it's to early into oct to make it halloween themed. do any of ya'll have any cute things you've done for your kids birthdays? i need some inspiration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM

My DS will be 4 Oct. 1st.  We have considered Halloween theme as well if we do any more parties as who doesn't like dressing up and having fun like that. But this year I think we are going to take him up to Erie, PA to the splash lagoon(its an indoor water park/hotel) for a day.  Still deciding on that as we'd need a sitter for the younger 2 and I just refixed YDS's sleep schedule that MIL F'd up from watching the kids for us to go to Hershey Park(Large amusement park).  So I'm just not sure how much I want to risk screwing up the baby's sleep schedule, may save that trip for a future birthday.

taramac
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM
My son turns 5 October 10th. We are going to have a party in our back yard with a large tent, a bounce house and probably a Mario Brothers theme (he loves that game). nothing too fancy probably just grill some burgers and hot dogs and snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM
usually very few people come because i'm apparently "a Bitch" i'm thinking maybe this year we just do a family day just me, Ds, and DH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I think it's fine to do a Halloween theme...Or maybe a Fall Harvest theme...Good Luck...

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM

My youngest DD's birthday is in October too. We have never done Halloween themed, but we did do a "fall festival" theme one time. It was cute. There are lots of things you can do to go along with that theme. =)

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM
THANKS! every one thought it was a dumb idea but they can screw off i like the idea

Quoting lil_mama06:

I think it's fine to do a Halloween theme...Or maybe a Fall Harvest theme...Good Luck...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM
The pumpkin patches open the first weekend in October. My niece had her party there once, it was fun. The kids picked a pumpkin, did a craft, went on a hayride and had lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaRee
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM

My ds will be 4 Sept 3 and we're doing a crayon theme! It's his first year of school and he loves to color!

emessa01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM
My daughter will be 5 on Sept 19th and we are having her party at Chuck E Cheese. Ugh! We have always just done small parties but a Halloween theme sounds awesome. If my daughter wanted one I would so do it for her no matter what time of the year it was.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)