• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In urgent need of Baby Items!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do any moms know where I can find free charitites/organizations, etc. that donate baby items like cribs, playpins, clothes, etc in good condition. So far I have been trying but no luck!

giving mom gift

DarkMocha  & MooMoo & Fatdaddy

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairymom2316
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Have you tried a local church? They usually have resources or can point you in the right direction.

good luck

cypris420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Craigslist, Freecycle, call your local WIC office and ask if they have any connections they can pass on.  Good luck.

imamombygrace

Try freecycle.

Charweba

Where do you live? I have a crib I've been trying to get rid of.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM

We have a pregnancy care center here. They even give a monthly diaper allowance. You have to watch a video any time you go in there for anything, but hey, if you need things, that's the way to go.

I don't know where you are, but you could google to see if there is a place like this anywhere near you.

mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jparker289
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM
I have so much stuff to get rid of, and I tried to send it to a lady on here but the address she gave me kept coming back as undeliverable. I'd love to pass stuff along. If you are close. Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM

where do you live I have a ton I could get rid of.  I just gave a pregnant teenager a bunch of stuff, but now I have even more.

call 211, they will give you information on local charities.  Catholic Social Services can help with diapers, toys, food for baby etc.  google it and see if there's one close.  If you're in PA, I'm very active at a crisis pregnancy center locally, and they help with everything, even your electric bill if necessary.  good luck momma

sugareemommee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

just google "crisis pregnancy centers" and your city

DarkMocha
by Member on Oct. 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM

In landover, maryland.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)