• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do the husbands think?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM
  • 41 Replies
I have never done a PA post before, but I had a question. I am a SAHM, my husband works, we do not receive any kind of assistance. Luckily my husband brings home a good amount of money so I can stay home without any worry. So my question is to all the women who stay home and receive assistance, what does your husband think of it? There is no way mine would let me stay home and receive FS when I can go out and get a job. He is a very prideful man, and would never allow us to receive government help. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I am just courious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Metalmommaof1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM

my dh is actually happy that we are on medicaid. that is the only thing pa wise we have. if we didnt have that then we would't have figured out what was wrong with dh. his insurance really sucks and its really really expensive. so he has no problem with us bein on it.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I've wondered that too.  My husband wouldn't go for that.  He would at least get another job if I wasn't willing or able to work.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM
We get some assistance like WIC for our sons formula (he's 3 and on a formula thats $40 a can). But dh will not let me work. Our son is special needs so he rather me home caring for our son than working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JordansMama2003
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Well, anytime we have been on assistance it has been because my husband was laid off or when we were first starting out as a young couple. Sometimes it isn't a mattering of "allowing" it but a matter of survival.  

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM

My husband is okay with it.  We get a little FS and medicaid for the kids.  It's actually cheaper for me to stay home than for me to work.  His work shifts are so odd and never the same, so I can't work an opposite shift than him.  Daycare is way too expensive here.  It's $200 per child per week, no matter how long they are there.  If they are there 5 minutes or 10 hours, it's the same price.  There is no way the both of us would make enough to pay $2400 a month, plus house, car, food, utilities.  It's just not possible.  

2BBboys0509
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 AM
To the moms who say child care is to expensive, how about working opposite shifts so the kids won't have to go to daycare. That's what we did when we had our first son. Hubby worked during the day, I worked at night. By the time we had our second, we were stable enough for me to stay home full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife2009101
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM

We dont receive anything. However, I do know that if it came down to that he would not be okay with me being a sahm and neither would I. I would get a job.

2BBboys0509
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Same here.

Quoting armywife2009101:

We dont receive anything. However, I do know that if it came down to that he would not be okay with me being a sahm and neither would I. I would get a job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern_momof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM
My DH would be ashamed. We don't receive any pa and I am a SAHM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

The only thing my daughter gets is supplemental insurance, but she would get that regardless of income. I don't think he would be very happy with me if I chose to be a SAHM and we were so broke that we needed assistance. Luckily we both agree that if we were struggling financially, that I would work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)