Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preschool ripoff. vent.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:28 AM
  • 13 Replies

***Edit.  The paperwork stated that there was a $38 processing fee that the company charges.  It didn't specify that it was a processing fee for each payment, but since many companies charge a small fee for online payments, I made assumptions.  Just called the school and it's a fee to set up the account. Not monthly.  Phew.  I am saved!

The preschool is saying that all of us with kids in the school MUST pay via this tuition management company that charges $38 FREAKING DOLLARS for processing.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  That's an additional $38 per month on top of tuition.  How can they make us do something that costs SO much?

I work to put my daughter in school.  I only take home about $175 a month after her tuition.  Now it'll be even less.  This irks me to no end. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM

BUMP!

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM
That sucks.
spastic_poodle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM

$5 I understand.  But $38 every time you pay? What the helllll?!!!

I should just go back to staying home. This is ridiculous.

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM

sry mama

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM

are you sure it's every month and not just a one time fee? I would be pissed too! 

southern_momof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Wow, that's ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Sorry, that's really crummy.  I'd go ahead and pull her.

spastic_poodle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM

lol neeeevermind.  The paperwork they sent me simply stated "take note of the $38 processing fee ____ company charges."  Which to me sounds like a fee that you'd pay each time buuuut apparently I was wrong.  I just called the school and it's a fee for setting up the account.

Phew!

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

You don't HAVE to pay it.  You can find another preschool.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Yeah in NC they are charging 60$ a month for prek.  Even if it's in the school.  They are trying to get it waived though.  Because a lot of families can't afford it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)