Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend was killed this morning. *update*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM
  • 42 Replies

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/08/17/hit-and-run-leaves-man-critically-hurt

He was 22.
I just can't believe it.

*update*
They found the car that hit him!
We are all feeling a little bit relieved, they should be able to get the guy pretty quick.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Grieving+brother+Ottawa+victim+urges+driver+come+forward/5274497/story.html

For people who won't click links:

On the day that police found the car that sped off after striking and killing his brother early Wednesday, Rob Miller made a public plea for the driver to go to the police.

“Get that off your chest. Come forward,” Miller said Thursday. “I forgive you, personally. I forgive you for what you’ve done. You just need to come forward. The truth will set you free.”

Around 6 p.m. Thursday, police seized a black Nissan Maxima that they believe is the vehicle that struck Dan Miller.

“We have the vehicle in our possession and we’ve already examined it, and we’re satisfied that this is the vehicle involved,” Ottawa police Det. Alain Boucher said.

A statement said police expected to talk to “a person of interest” on Friday.

Police said they were able to locate the vehicle after receiving a tip from the public.

“The public was a great help in this and we were able to find the vehicle very quickly,” Boucher said.

Dan Miller, 22, had just left his friend’s house on MacLaren Street and was crossing Bronson Avenue to go home at about 3:20 a.m. Wednesday when he was struck by the car, leaving him unconscious with critical injuries. He died in hospital later that morning.

Dan Miller had moved to Ottawa from Stratford, Ont., six months ago. His parents travelled to Ottawa after hearing the news and have since returned to Stratford, his brother said.

Rob said the Millers were waiting for police to release Dan’s remains before making funeral arrangements. He said police expected to release the remains early next week.

Rob Miller also said it would be in everyone’s best interest if the hit-and-run driver chose to go to the police.

“For our family and for the driver, just so they don’t have to feel guilty about taking someone else’s life. It can be hard on someone. Get that off your chest.”

Here he is.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I'm so sorry :(

Hit and runs are so tragic. I can't understand how someone can do that and live with themselves.

Astaroth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Hit and runs are so tragic. I can't understand how someone can do that and live with themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metalmommaof1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

oh i am so sorry, i know how much it hurts. i lost a good friend a couple weeks ago to a drunk driving accident.

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngieDawn28
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

i'm very sorry for your loss

KimGsMommi

Sorry for your loss. :/

Moms2NTwins

so very sorry ;o(

how awful

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I'm so sorry. ~HUGS~

BambiF

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

I will never understand it.  My friend was such an awesome person.  So funny, and laidback.  I am in complete shock.
I don't even know what to do.  I'm just sitting here with my 2 year old trying not to bawl my eyes out...
This fucking sucks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)