Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your kid sprout over the summer??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

My dd has always been super skinny and on the short side.  She was in a size six from Kinder all the way through 2nd grade.  Over the summer though the kid finally decided to grow.  When I bought jeans they had to be an 8 slim.  They are still big in the waist....but they are long enough.  She went from a size 12 sneaker at the start of second grade to a size 2 sneaker this year.  All those veggies she has been eating are making her grow... 

I don't like to post pictures of her on open forums....it makes me nervous.  Otherwise I would.. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nikisazombie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM
YES! She had two growth spurts this year! Last winter she was 2T across the board, I swear! But I could tell she was about to be too tall for the pants towards the end. Well, just before Spring... 2T (if not adjustable)/3T shorts, and 3T tops! As of now, she is 3T on bottom (once again, she's so skinny it has to be adjustable and 2T is offically too short now!) and 4T on top! Oh, and she's gone up 2 shoe sizes too. The way she's going, she's going to be just like my daddy! Very tall and very skinny!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Yes, he could never fit his old school clothes!

raegansmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I ended up buying her summer clothes twice this year, because after June, none of them fit anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)