Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Left completely out of picture :-(

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 122 Replies
hello everyone, need to know how to react to stepdaughter which happens to be 21,
She is just moving out, and decided to make a collage of pictures for her new pad, all fine and
Dandy, her parents have been divorced for 15 years. My husband ( her father)and I have been together for 3 years,
The point is (I believe there is a significant message in what she did) she completely left me out of the
Collage, normally this would not bother me, it's hers all her friends family are there, however she put up a picture of my husband and his ex( het mother) kissing? I find this to be totally disrespectful to me and feel she did this intentionally to see my reaction, I want to react in a mature way, this is my husbands daughter! So please help me!
Aj1179
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nickysmom71
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Yeah, that is pretty fucked up...don't let her get a rise out of you....

angi07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM

its her parents together or not its still a memory for her I'm sure one she misses. imo you have no right to say anything

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I would leave it alone.  It is her rememberance of the past.  That DID happen, KWIM?

winkles115
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Ouch. Sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I wouldn't let it get to you.. she's just trying to tick you off.. totally sounds like something my stepdaughter would/has pulled..

wishonme_2000
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I say leave it alone it's a pic of her parents and there is nothing wrong with that but I would ask if she would be ok with having a pic of you in it weather it be a small one or a family pic but dont push the issue 

chalisa0
by Kim on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

She DID do it just to see your reaction.  She is very immature-she sounds 12 rather than 21.  Just ignore her.  If she's looking for a reaction, just say "oh, that's nice," with a neutral expression.  Seriously, ignore her.

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM
She was already 18 when you married her dad? Let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Berkley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM
It sounds like she just wants a reaction out of you. So, I would totally ignore it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

i think that maybe that is the memory of her parents she remembers. She's young and their divorce probably still affects her... and you've been together for a very short time in the grand scheme of her life... you probably aren't a permanent fixture to her yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)