• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! The Md Woman Missing In Aruba. New Update! He Tried To Redeem The Policy!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 30 Replies

The dude took out travel insurance on her for 1.5 million! OMG!!! WOW!! Now he did take it out on both of them, but for 1.5 million? WOW! Way too fishy. Your thoughts? 

**Update: Apparently in addition to taking out the policy, he tried to redeem it!!! **

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/28903030/detail.html

Source: Giordano Tried To Redeem Insurance Policy

Man Accused In Case Of Missing Maryland Woman In Aruba

POSTED: 9:38 am EDT August 18, 2011

An Associated Press news source said Thursday that the suspect in the case of a missing Maryland woman in Aruba tried to redeem an accidental-death policy for her.
Gary Giordano
Gary Giordano

The source said Gary Giordano tried to redeem that part of a travel insurance policy taken out on Robyn Gardner, 35, who disappeared in Aruba on Aug. 2 while the two were vacationing.

Previous reports had said that Giordano bought a one-year insurance policy from American Express and named himself the beneficiary. The report said the policy included a $1.5 million accidental death policy.

Gardner, 35, was reported missing by Giordano, who said she was apparently pulled away by ocean currents while they were snorkeling. The pair had come to Aruba on July 31.
Robyn Gardner
Robyn Gardner

Giordano, a 50-year-old business owner from Gaithersburg, has been detained on suspicion of involvement in her death. His attorney has said he had nothing to do with her disappearance and has called for his release from jail.

Aruban Solicitor General Taco Stein said Giordano confirmed to investigators that he had travel insurance.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/28903030/detail.html#ixzz1VONOj0tL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Yeah, I've been following this story. Hell, all I do is watch the news for 8 hours at work and all I can say is some people are just flipping crazy. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM

ok............how effing stupid do you have to be to murder an american woman in aruba? its OVERDONE. im waiting for america to stop letting americans go there.

mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Wow! UGH... What a scumbag

mamivon2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I have a feeling we gonna hear alot a whole lot more from that story

minimom11107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Well then wouldn't he WANT her body to be foudn to prove her death and collect on the policy? Maybe it really was just travel insurance. Not that I think he's innocent...

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Maybe she is hiding out and they are staging this for the money.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM

true. most insurance requires a body before payment

Quoting minimom11107:

Well then wouldn't he WANT her body to be foudn to prove her death and collect on the policy? Maybe it really was just travel insurance. Not that I think he's innocent...

JvilleMom125
I didn't know she knew him before she went to Aruba. Is he a friend or something? Cause the other guy is a boyfriend right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199

I just saw that like 30 seconds ago on the news.

greenie63
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Not really sure. I read something about they met online and they were staying in the same hotel room together. But yes apparently there is also a boyfriend. This whole story is so bizarre. 

Quoting JvilleMom125:

I didn't know she knew him before she went to Aruba. Is he a friend or something? Cause the other guy is a boyfriend right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)