• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

happy and sad about dropping out of my friends wedding.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

a little backround. me and my friend have been friends since we were 10. she was my first friend in the US. we are now 28 and 27.

her wedding is in November. i was going to be a bridesmaid but i had to drop out since we moved 3 hours away and i wont be able to make it to every fitting and every little get together. I did stay on her gmailgroup her maid of honor made because she is my closest friend and they asked me to because of our backround and because they want me to be a part of the festivities even thou i could no longer be a bridesmaid.

now they are talking about the bachelorette party which i am of course invited to. they want to make it a weekend which is awesome, but i cant afford to fly to Miami for a weekend to party it up (which is one of the options) and one of the dates they picked would be my wedding anniversary.

it just seems like the stars are aligned for me to not attend any of the festivities and just go to the wedding as a guest. i am sad and happy about this.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM

bump

i.heart.nerds
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Aww, I am sorry you will miss it. BTW I love your siggy!!!
poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Quoting i.heart.nerds:

Aww, I am sorry you will miss it. BTW I love your siggy!!!

lol thanks.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Sorry hun. Maybe the one who set up the bachelorette party didnt know it was your anni? I would just send them an email and let them know why you cant attend. I am sure they will understand. Hope you will able to be part of other wedding festivities though.

ashleehoward
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Well atleast you will be able to attend the wedding.

poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Sorry hun. Maybe the one who set up the bachelorette party didnt know it was your anni? I would just send them an email and let them know why you cant attend. I am sure they will understand. Hope you will able to be part of other wedding festivities though.

i did email back to tell her i cant on the weekend on sept 30th. i feel so sad i cant be apart of this, but like a pp said, atleast i can attend the wedding! its traditional chinese so my friend will about about 4 dress changes and i can be back there with her to help and hang out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)