Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you feel it was appropriate for a mother to get her 15 year old daughter a tattoo..... Yes another PA post

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

If she was on Section 8 and food stamps?

Yes true story, I'm just curious as to how other moms on here would feel about it

My opinion: If you can't afford the basics, you should be spending $150 (scratch that I don't know the price but it's a considerable size, but people do get "hook ups" on tatoos sometimes ie go to someone's basement) on luxuries, JMO though...... I'm not judging you on character but I would say that your priorities are screwed up. 

Lol I just wanted to have a PA post *runs away laughing*

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RedRozeMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM
It wouldn't matter to me..not that I would do this with my own teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Considering there are a few other factor who am i to judge what they do. Im on food stamps and im going to Six flags this weekend....does that make me a bad person?

michelleinfl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I don't think a 15 year old needs a tattoo regardless of PA or not. But, if you are on PA you shouldn't be out buying tattoos. They are expensive and not a necessity. Save that for when you are back on your feet and can afford luxuries.

emessa01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM
I don't see how they have anything to do with each other unless you mean they shouldn't because they don't have the money and I still don't see the deal. Even if you are struggling you should be able to go do fun stuff.
mandksmommy

it's trashy either way.

nickysmom71

I could care less...also how would one know her kid didn't earn the money themselves to get it, or money was given as a gift by someone for it??? 

kidlover2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM

If you are on PA everything you purchase should be okayed by the general tax-paying public and  "necessities" do not include beds, furniture, t.v., or toys for the kids. 

heatherinBama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I say its stupid because she is ONLY 15, this could seriously be something she regrets one day. But tattoos can be cheap, and I would not have a problem with her spending $40-$60 on a PRESENT for her Daughter, I have a problem with The present she plans on getting her.

ddhb2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM
That is completely inappropriate.
Cheribomb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

this is against the law in MANY states EVEN if the parents gives permission.   15yr old is NOT old enough for a tattoo whether they are on PA or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)