• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS PRESCHOOL...?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM
  • 47 Replies

GLORIFIED BABYSITTING?

If yes, how so?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toughenough1979
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Bump, I would like to get you gals perspective on this

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM

In the public preschool my kids attended, they learned soo much!! So I would say no...

lovingwifey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Nope!  It is public school here.

EvaSerenity
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Lol, I believe so. I used to think it was useful until I saw the before and after of kids going there. My bios will not be attending, but to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Not unless its daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiS78
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM

no, I don't think so.  Pre-K is a way for kids to get acclimated to a school setting and prepare for kindergarten.  Many kids need to get used to a schedule and new rules that come along with being in a classroom setting. 

Toughenough1979

BUMP!

naumann24
Hell no. My daughter eats lunch there, attends all day, in the same building with all the other kids. I do not pay. They actually learn there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toughenough1979
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:39 PM

this is what I think as well

Quoting NikkiS78:

no, I don't think so.  Pre-K is a way for kids to get acclimated to a school setting and prepare for kindergarten.  Many kids need to get used to a schedule and new rules that come along with being in a classroom setting. 

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I feel it is. And this is my reasoning for it. My son is three and I was super excited to put him in school this year. however when looking in my city I found that all the places offer it from 9 to 5 monday thru friday.  prek 4 is three days a week. with them only being there 4 hours a day. the curriculum is mainly for arts and crafts and socializing at prek 3 but at prek 4 they are participating in math,reading, and more school orientedthings. altho i really wanted him to go this year I opted out until next year. He goes to playgroups three to four days a week. he dont need to learn social skills especially at 350 bucks a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)