• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Someone Explain...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

WTF "to each their own" is suppose to mean?

is it like philosophical to you or something?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Toughenough1979
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM

it is supposed to mean to each their own. opinions, choices, lifestyles, etc. basically means everyone is different. 

Memigen
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM

It means everyoe has their own way of doing things and each person should be allowed to do it their own way.

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Its an Idiom to mean - each person has their own way - thoughts etc - and that they should be able to follow their own way.

If you say breast is best and I say bottle is better.. I would say to each their own - meaning its your life - lead it as you see fit

i.heart.nerds
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM
It just means that everyone is different and sees things differently and responds differently to situations.
i.heart.nerds
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Breast is best but bottle is better sounds like some messed up Dr. Seuss rhyme.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

Its an Idiom to mean - each person has their own way - thoughts etc - and that they should be able to follow their own way.

If you say breast is best and I say bottle is better.. I would say to each their own - meaning its your life - lead it as you see fit

IAmPregnant Ticker

pregnant

BabyFruit Ticker

Praying for baby Samhradh (Sow-rah) , a victim of TRAP Syndrome. Keeping baby Gheimhridh (Yeev-ree) in my heart.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM

It makes me cringe when people write/say it. It's so stupid and cliche. In my mind I go "blah blah blah" whenever I read this. Well duh, if that stupid comment isn't the most obvious in the World I don't know what is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)