Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sad to give up the best of both worlds

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am sad and wondering how i will manage because i know i just have too, i'm sure some of you may be able to relate.

I stayed home with my DD full time, till right before she turned 1, then i started working 1 day a week, know big deal just a couples hours to get myself out there and bring in some extra cash so we could eventually get a 2nd car and i could go back to school. We got the 2nd car and i went to school and became a CNA. Now im working full time but i work evenings so i feel like i have the best of both worlds. Im home with my 2 year old until around 130-2ish when i go into work. She is with a babysitter until her dad gets home at 5-530pm, so only 4 hours a day. Then i get home at 11-1130pm. I have been loving this life style, it stinks that we only get family time every other weekend and what not but we make it work. I love spending the days with my DD today we srubbed the kitchen together, then we went for a walk, came back and cleaned the bathroom. Now she is relaxing before a nap and before i leave for work, i feel like we got so much done and get so much time together i can't imagine not having this anymore.

But i go back to school august 29th :( I'm working on my credits towards becoming an RN. i know it will only be a couple years and it is for the better of our family and my daughter. but when i go back to school i will be dropping her off at 730am Mon-Wed and then i wont be seeing her again really until the next morning because i will be going from school to work and by the time i get home she is asleep. Thursday and Driday i will have my regular mornings with her because i don't have class these days but i will need to do so much studying and i'm sure i will also be exhausted. I know the house work will be slacking but I know my SO will do his best to pitch in, it just wont be the way i like it, but iv learned to deal LOL. mostly im just sad about loosing the time with my DD. We have so much fun together, we talk all day long and she helps me with cleaning and laundry, i love our time together i just can't imagine not having that for atleast 3 days a week. :(

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butrflyekises
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM

thanks for the bump

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)