• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the quickest move u ever had?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am moving very spur of the moment. So I started packing my knick knacks, dvds, etc we move out on the 1st anybody else evere have to pack in a hurry? ow long did it take ya and how much stuff did ya ave

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Got married May 9th and moved out of state May 25th. In between that I was on my honeymoon. We had 24 hours to pack up my one bedroom apartment. It took us the entire 24 hours and it was friggin brutal 

clusterkid
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM

We were moved out of our apt in a 2 day period.

juicebox-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM

60 minutes!!!  Yeah!!!!  And I didn't even do it lol.  Thank heaven for dumb men.  All I had to do was unpack.

jjones0461
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM
I moved once in 45 minutes. No joke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilentMermaid
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Our last move to our current location was pretty quick. My husband reenlisted for this duty station and we got our orders 1 week later. Then, im pretty sure it was about 2-3 weeks after we got the orders that we had to be here. It was pretty hectic.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I got a hair up my ass one time and wanted to move from NY. 5 days later we were all settled in a house in California.

Kierri
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Back when it was just my DH and I he got a trasnfer and wasn't given but three days to report to the new facility. I had to go into work that day and quit. No two weeks notice.. I felt terrible. Then I had to pack up our entire two bedroom apartment in two days. It was easy since I didn't have a child running around. If I had to do that now with my two year old daughter I don' think it'd be possible.

Lois.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

girl moved an entire family of 4 in 32 hours flat.  I had my coffee pot going full blast and 5 hours energys out the wahzoo, but I got it done in under 2 hours.  Slept for like 3 days straight afterwards though. 

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM
We moved all of our stuff out of our old house in less than 18 hours, counting sleeping for 5 hours. We were told to get out of our house at 8pm, started packing then, got what we could fit in 3 cars, and went to my SO's family's house 2 hours away. Slept for a little while, went back to the old house, got a uhaul, put the rest of our stuff in the truck and left. We had to pack up everything we, 3 adults and 2 kids, had and move it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

When we were stationed in Charleston, SC, DH got orders on a Friday saying he was to report Monday (10days later) in Norfolk, VA. We found a house, packed and moved in a week. We had a 2 1/2mth old and 2 dogs to move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)