Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care.com and Sittercity.com

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

Right now I am on Care.com looking for an after school provider.  I had one lined up but she bailed.  Now I am looking again with less than a week to find someone.  I created a profile and posted a job on sittercity.  But both sites cost $35/month which is a little crazy IMHO.  I wish I could freakin find these people without paying so much.  Anyone want to make an extra $100/week for watching my kid after school?  LOL.  It is frustrating.  I have interviewed others.  One lady wanted me to pay her $45/day for watching my 8 year old for 2 hours a day....maybe less.  Anyway....wish me luck.  I have an interview scheduled this afternoon.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Why is sittercity $35 a month for you? I paid $10 a month- and found someone I love.

yo_ho
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Good luck! I found my sons tutor on that site, but what she posted her rate was and her actual rate were two different things. I don't think they pay to put their stuff up there, so if they don't get the job, no biggie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Those sites have some terrible reviews.

ETA:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/carecom-a65838.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sittercity-c311165.html

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM

i have used sittercity.com to find sitters for my son. it took me a few weeks and talking to a few different people to find somebody i liked. but it was worth it. but how are you paying $35 a month?? i only pay $9.99 a month for it.

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Apparently they changed their rates...because even if I pay for a year it isn't $10.  I should ask if they have a military rate.

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM

oh wow.....i just checked their website and saw they raised the price. that is crazy. when i joined a year ago it was only $10 a month. and i still get charged only $10 a month. i wonder why they raised it. well just pay and use it for a few months until you find a sitter you need and then cancel it. that is a little high.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

if you were close i would do it for less than $100.00 weekly.

lightflash
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I recommend if you are going looking for a babysitter, post an ad in your newspaper.  Don't do it online. I never could get a job with sittercity and got scammed twice through Craigslist, I'll never deal with foreigners again overseas.  The only ones I'll deal with our husband's friends who seem to be the only ones who would hire me for babysitting their kids. 

Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM
I will do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I'm a provider on both - I have done odds and ends - just hooked up with a great family they need very little care at odd hours - and Im their gal! start Sunday.

btw I find it VERY DIFFICULT to find a good match on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)