Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Behavior\Chore charts users???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
Just wondering how this works for other households. What system do you use. What rewards do you give? I have a 9 & 4 year old. Any advice, tips, tricks that work well that you would like to share???? Thanks ladies : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM

My daughter LOVES her chart!  I literally use the things she is responsible for daily. (brushing her teeth in the morning, getting herself dressed, making her bed, cleaning up her toys, etc)  She gets extra stickers if she is extra helpful.  She doesn't get every sticker every day, she's almost 4 but still has some stubborn in her so she tries to pick one or two things to fight me each day.  Once she gets 20 stickers she gets to pick out a toy at the dollar store or go for icecream (or get a donut at dd).

MrsJeremySmith
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM

We have a chore chart (a magnetic star chart from AC Moore) and my 4 yr old and almost 2 yr old use it.

-Clear dishes into the sink

-Trash into the trashcan

-Pick up toys/clean bedroom

-Take bath without splashing out of the tub

-Go to bed without a fight

they get 1 star per "chore" each day of the week & they add up to 3 different prized..so many stars = a treat of their choice and so many more = a movie of their choice and a full chart = a really amazing top secret prize (that doesn't exist because they have yet to get a full chart so far lmao)

They also have a sticker chart...basically if they do something really helpful or nice like help me get a diaper bag together for the baby or have a extra special good behavior day they get a sticker..I use excel to make 25 boxes & put their names on it and they are pinned on the wall and if they turn in a fully completed chart together they can combine their prize for a BIG prize like Chuck E Cheese (trying to teach teamwork lol) If they turn them in separately they get to pick 1 prize (usually from the $store but they are little and just excited to get anything from the WHOLE STORE! lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)