Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick car seat question

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so we might possibly be handed a 1 month old baby. I can't afford an expensive car seat because if the baby is placed with us DSS may insist we move from where we are living and that costs a lot of money so my question is what is a good seat for a not large price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Myride is 109 at walmart.com right now and it fits tiny babies well. It will last a LONG time too as it rearfaces to 40 and FF to 65.....

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Do you want a convertible( is baby big enough for one?) or an infant seat?

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM

The cosco scenera is a decent one that is cheap but I dont know how well if fits little babies.

accidental.love
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM
I don't have a lot of information about the baby just that his mom last him and his siblings and his family are wanting to give the kids up for adopting because they can handle them

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Do you want a convertible( is baby big enough for one?) or an infant seat?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:10 PM
A myride! It fits babies well....I'm mobile, but ill try to post a picture of my baby sister in this seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Cosco Scenera is only $40, and it RFs to 35 lbs.  It will then FF to 40lbs. 

ETA: I forgot to mention it fits little babies pretty well.  I had trouble getting it in our car correctly, but my 7lb2oz newborn fit in it pretty well.  And the car was a two door Honda Civic, so it was going to have trouble fitting anything well.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Myride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

mommyajay
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:01 PM

graco my ride if you can afford it. 119 and its a  good confy seat, padded and has strap covers. cosco scenera passes the same tests and will get the job done but its a basic no frills seat. doesnt have padding or covers on it and you cannot add anything to do.. Its safe though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)