Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about your USPS mailcarrier...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 42 Replies

We live out in the middle of nowhere. Our mail lady uses a regular car (with the steering while on the right side of the car) as her mail car. I'm not a big fan of her to be honest. She's SO lazy! She won't get out of the car for ANYTHING. I order a lot of stuff from online, so I get a lot of packages. Is it normal for a mail carrier to pull up in a dive way and honk the horn and wait for you to come out and get a package?

That's what she goes. If we arent' home and if we get a package, we end up finding the package in the middle of the sidewalk, not at the door. I was very curious and after two broken packages, I waited to see if she actually got out of the car to deliver the packages, so I didn't come out when she honked the horn. She THREW my package from her car into the sidewalk. No wonder I had so many damaged things delivered! That was last year and we had since filed a report on her.

But my question... is it normal for her to sit and honk? Is that what mail carriers are supposed to do? Or are they supposed to actually get out of their car?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel20
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM

our mail carrier does that too. she says they're supposed to

ffpm10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Heck no! They should get out.
What a POS. I'd call on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I had a mailcarrier honk, but he actually got out if i didnt come out to put it on my porch

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM

My mail carrier has always brought packages to my door unless he can fit them into the mail box. I think they are at least supposed to put it at your door. UPS and Fedex doesn't knock or ring the doorbell they just put the package at the door and leave.

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM

They are supposed to actually get out and come to the door.  If you have a dog, then that may be why she doesn't.  If you don't, well, then she's just being lazy.  Keep filing reports on her.  

jnttd
Exactly. My mail carrier is so nice. If she sees me outside she'll even walk my mail up to me so I don't have to carry the baby to the mailbox.

Quoting ffpm10:

Heck no! They should get out.

What a POS. I'd call on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraxtonsMom07
Mine brings it to the door! And if it's raining he puts it in a water-proof bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM

no idea.. we live in town.. so our carrier is on foot... however we have reported him a couple of times.. he's a really sweet old man.. but we're (litterly) the last house in the city to get our mail, so it's his last "route" of the day.. and if he doesn't feel like it.. he just won't deliver that day.. (he's retiring next year.. so he doesn't really care that much) but as a person/mail carrier.. whatever.. he's a pretty nice guy..

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Mine always leaves the packages on our porch. She never chucks them lol

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM
They are suppose to get out. Our mail lady never closes the box all the way so when it rains I get wet mail. I have called and complained twice and it still happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)