• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you prepare oatmeal?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

I watched a kid for a couple of hours today and his mom brought over oatmeal for him to eat.  It was a bowl of oatmeal, a scoop of chunky peanut butter and she told me to just add boiling water. I don't think I've ever smelled anything so nasty- although I did know of someone else who ate their oatmeal that way.

When I make oatmeal, I boil water with a pich of salt, add cinnamon and chop whatever hard fruit (apples, pears, nectarines) I have on hand, then add the oatmeal and sweetener like honey or brown or white sugar. Sometimes instead of hard fruit, I'll cut up a banana or some berries and add that at the end.

The thought of savory oatmeal is really unappetizing to me.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Metalmommaof1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM

i dont eat the crap but when i make it for dh i boil water and mix the oatmeal in with cinnamon and a little bit of sugar or maple syrup. he hates the fruit in it so i dont put it in there

AngeLnChainZ
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I dont eat oatmeal but my son used to, I used the instant kind and just put hot water from the tap in with it and microwaved it until it had thickened up. He ate the flavored crap anyway so I never added anything but a bit of butter to it.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I make baked oatmeal...I made peach this morning....

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2010/09/baked-blueberry-oatmeal.html

artsygirl2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM

yuck! i have never had pb in my oats before. i usually just use the instant kind. quaker peaches n creme actually.

Misery_Stitches
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM
i do it like you op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)