Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you completely financially stable before having kids?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you financially stable prior to having kids?

Options:

I was financially stable

I was not financially stable

Other (splain Lucy!)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 99

View Results

"Stable' for the sake of the poll is by your own definition of what that means.

Please bump after voting.

I would assume it means not struggling to pay your bills and living costs or unable to provide for a child in any way.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I was the farthest from stable as one could ever be .. I was 16, no job, I had quit school and was addicted to drugs.. Thankfully I quickly grew up

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

emeraldangel20
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM

no but i didnt plan to have a child either.

graciesmom6206
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I had gone to college, had a great job as an executive assistant to the President of the company.  I also was supervising his 5 stores, I had money in savings, bills paid, I was/am very financially stable. 

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Before having kids dh and I were 100% stable. Are bills were always paid on time, always had food in the fridge, and had everything we needed to live comfortable everyday life and some of our wants. We have become unstable after having kids but have always managed to get back to being stable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Yes.  I was 28, married, both had careers (now I'm a SAHM) & we made/ make more than enough money to raise our DD.

lovinglife0682
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM

While our first was not planned my husband was more than able to pay all of our bills and then some.  However, we set financial goals that were much more than paying bills, before we would even consider a second.

SingleMomzRock
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM
I was a dancer. Sometimes, I made money. Other times I didn't. Getting pregnant was a blessing. It got ke out of there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle7777
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Stable meaning the ability to financially support the baby without outside assistance and being in a good relationship (married), yes.

SingleMomzRock
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Me*

Stupid mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Nope. I was 18 living with my parents and had a minimum wage part time job. I only had a car payment to pay so the rest of my $300 pay checks were mine to spend. 2 months before our daughter was born my fiance and I got our own apartment. We were poor. I didn't get paid for when I had my daughter.. but somehow we made it and I wasnt at all stressed.. we ended up becoming financially stable to now 4 years later being back to where we started. It sucks.. especially since we have a little baby boy due in December. I'm trying to think positive but we will see how it goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)