Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat question.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

My kids are older, so I have forgotten a lot about when they were younger. LOL

What is the weight/height limit of most infant car seats (the carriers that have the handle)?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM

1 Year, 22 lbs.

mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Whoops sorry, at least 1 year, 22 pounds...the head should be no higher than an inch below the carseat shell.

mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM

But again, a lot of carseats are different, just read the manuals or before you buy them they have the informations printed on the side of the box or the price tag.

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I was wondering because I babysit a 7 month old. Right now he is still in his infant seat, but he is almost 20lbs right now. What happens if he outgrows the seat before one year old? Then what kind of seat would he need?

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM
really depends on the manufacturer but weight is any where from 22to35lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM
a covertible that rearfaces to a highr weight like a graco myride or cosco scenera for example.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM

next step is a convertible seat that will rear face for a while longer. The Cosco Scenera is a decent low cost one. It will RF to 35lbs ( there is a new version that RF to 40lbs but I havent been able to find it anywhere but target.com)

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I was wondering because I babysit a 7 month old. Right now he is still in his infant seat, but he is almost 20lbs right now. What happens if he outgrows the seat before one year old? Then what kind of seat would he need?

MommaGreenhalge
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I don't know about height, but they are supposed to have at lease one inch of shell above the top of their head.

With weight, a lot of the newer seats go up to 30 or 35 lbs.  I personally plan to put this new babe in a convertible from the get go.

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Thanks ladies. =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)