• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is so depressing. How can I have so many things wrong with me at 23 years old?!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM
  • 46 Replies

I am really worried/upset/depressed/angry today and I don't wanna talk to DH about it 'cause he'll just go into denial mode and try to convince me that everything will be fine when I know it won't.... and I don't wanna talk to my mom 'cause she'll just get all upset and worried and that won't help me.

I have been having health problems for a while now and they just seem to be getting worse. I am 23, almost 24 and I have so many damn things wrong with me it is ridiculous. I have fibromyalgia / CFS, major back and neck problems (which I am convinced are from my last epi), adenomyosis (which has caused me to bleed heavily for over 2 months now), uterine prolapse, carpel tunnel syndrome, arthritis, constant hip pain (started during pregnancy with the twins and never left), asthma that has steadily gotten worse since I QUIT smoking, type 2 diabetes, anemia, severe IBS (I know this is TMI but I seriously have to go like 6x a day or more), severe GERD which causes chest pain and makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack, hiatal hernia, gallstones..... and now THIS.....

Three days ago I went to my pulmonologist because I was having some shortness of breath and things like that so they did a breathing test and my lung function is down to 62%.... last time (3 years ago) it was 85% so that's a big drop. He was pretty concerned about it and went ahead and started me on steroids, Singulair, inhalers, and antibiotics just in case there was any infection going on. He told me to come back in 2 weeks for another breathing test to see if the meds helped any and he set me up for a CT scan of my chest and told me if things got any worse before then to go to the ER and he would probably wanna admit me to see what's going on. Well, all day yesterday I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest every time I would cough, laugh, breathe deep, clear my throat or even talk loudly. So I called my doc to see what I should do and he told me to go to the ER.

So I went and they ran a ton of tests, went head and did the CT scan and it showed that my pulmonary artery is enlarged, which is a sign of pulmonary hypertension. He said there has to be some kind of problem going on for it to be enlarged unless it is just a genetic defect which he said is not likely. So now I have to have an echocardiogram and a bunch of other stuff to see if it's pulmonary hypertension, which he said it probably is. What I don't get is..... WHY?! I am 23 fucking years old for crying out loud. What the hell have I done for all of this stuff to be going wrong? I literally feel like my whole body is just failing. Yes, I used to smoke but I know people who have smoked for decades and don't have the problems I have. I don't do drugs, I don't drink.... Yeah, I'm overweight but again, so are a lot of people and they don't have these problems.

I am just starting to feel hopeless. It's just one thing after another. I am tired of going to all these different doctors, tired of taking a ton of pills every day, tired of feeling like shit, tired of LIFE in general.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM

i know how you feel, although i don't have as much wrong as you do. 

i had the same hip pain after DD, turns out it was 2 herniated discs in my spine. and congrats on quitting smoking. hopefully that has helped some.

capfelbeck
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM

im so sorry! i dont really know what to say! i hope things work out for you!

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Thanks

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM
This. I hope things get better

Quoting capfelbeck:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colken02
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:41 PM
I understand. I just got out of the hospital. Was there 17 days. I have been in the hospital 9 times this year. I have suffered from Crohns disease since I was 20. Just remember you are not alone and have to be strong for your kiddo's. They are what keep me going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandyr911
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Its the food they feed us.....good old genetically modified crap.

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Wow... that's pretty bad. My kids are about the only thing that makes me want to get out of bed anymore.

Quoting colken02:

I understand. I just got out of the hospital. Was there 17 days. I have been in the hospital 9 times this year. I have suffered from Crohns disease since I was 20. Just remember you are not alone and have to be strong for your kiddo's. They are what keep me going.

valkay
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Are you on Oxygen?  If not you should be with a lung function that low.  What is your oxygen saturation level??

Alisim
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Quoting capfelbeck:

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Nope, not on oxygen. Actually, it is kind of weird. My lung function was 62% according to the test but when I went to the ER last night my saturation level stayed between 98-100%. Idk.... it doesn't make sense to me but I guess I'm not the doctor.

Quoting valkay:

Are you on Oxygen?  If not you should be with a lung function that low.  What is your oxygen saturation level??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)