Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

I will be the first to admit, I have enabled my dh to be completely lazy in pretty much every aspect of life ( except work that is the ONLY place he gives it 100%)...I cook I clean I work I go to school and I raise ALL of the kids ( ss11-lives w/ us full time,SS 9 eow, and dd  2) I deal with it ALL..including their BM's (yes, there are 2) I have done this for years now and I feel like I have had enough. dh does nothing to deal with these bm's and all the Sh!* they cause.....it is ALWAYS something, and every time I turn around they are unhappy...neither work and are always wanting money, and the other BM doesn't pay a dime, SS11 is a holy terror when it comes to me and I feel like I have had enough...I am under constant stress from this all.....aside from all these negatives Dh and I have a pretty good relationship, and I love him I just don't know how to stop doing everything...I know that sounds odd, but if I don't do EVERYTHING it won't get done....other than monetary support...I am a single mom that is raising 2 children that aren't even mine and pretty much hate my guts....I also feel bad for dd2 she just gets drug through the mud because she has no say in anything that goes on...

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Instead of going to him and getting angry and saying he needs to help or else!!!, go to him and tell him how exhausted you are and tell him that you really need some help bad. That way he can't get defensive and shut down. It worked for my DH.

hope2bsoon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Instead of going to him and getting angry and saying he needs to help or else!!!, go to him and tell him how exhausted you are and tell him that you really need some help bad. That way he can't get defensive and shut down. It worked for my DH.

I have tried that, and he gets better for a week or two and then he is back to the same old thing....I have tried to have a "come to Jesus" with him, and it doesn't work, he slowly slips back into the same old thing

hope2bsoon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:32 PM
I feel like it is a lack of respect...from everyone in my house..
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Then get tough and tell them it's your way or the highway and if they're not going to pitch in, they will not partake of the food you purchase, the clothes you wash, the bathroom you clean and so on. Stand up for yourself and demand the respect you deserve.

hope2bsoon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Then get tough and tell them it's your way or the highway and if they're not going to pitch in, they will not partake of the food you purchase, the clothes you wash, the bathroom you clean and so on. Stand up for yourself and demand the respect you deserve.

I do need to, I guess I just need to figure out an effective way to do that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)