Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont usually post controversial topics but...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM
  • 151 Replies

I just have to say...

The act of breastfeeding is not disgusting! It isnt wrong and its not the act of breastfeeding that people dont want to be exposed to..

Its your TITS! Most people dont really want to see it...

We all have a right to feed our babies how we want and do as we please with our kids.. but, is popping your tit out anywhere you want just to prove a point about your rights more important than respect for others?!

This is not a bash post or anything to start up trouble.. I am just really suprised at how many women defend the act of breastfeeding..when its not about that at all...

K that is all thanks!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzy020106
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM

bumpity bump!!

mandksmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM

yeah i don't care who is breastfeeding. i don't want nice perky boobs or big floppy stretch mark covered boobs hanging out while i am out with my kids in public. be discreet about it.

heather406
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I think most people who are 'popping out tits' arent doing it to prove a point - they are doing it to feed their child.  I've seen many people nurse in public without a cover, and I've never seen a whole tit.  Never even seen a nip.  You see more flesh walking through the mall or at the beach. 

The only person a mother needs to be concerned about is their child, not the person sitting next to them or across the room.  They respect their child by feeding them on demand, and not worrying about what someone else is going to think. 

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM

i agree 100%!!! people are missing the point.

NVL0707
by Baroness on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Well you could just not look!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I breastfeed without a cover and guess how many people have seen my breasts?..........0!

I have seen women breastfeeding in public without a cover and not once seen a breast so far either.

And yes, even if I had to pull my boob out, the right to feed my child when he/she is hungry, regardless of where I am, means more to me than how you feel about it. Too bad, so sad.

stefvan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I agree.  To the baby it's food, to everyone else it's a boob and you don't need to show them to everyone.  I bf'd without ever exposing myself and I didn't use a cover.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Quoting mandksmommy:

yeah i don't care who is breastfeeding. i don't want nice perky boobs or big floppy stretch mark covered boobs hanging out while i am out with my kids in public. be discreet about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Ok I will bit. When you see a women breast feeding. Do you really see the tit? I have never seen the tit of any women breast feeding.

Also why should I cover my baby and make it sweat and be hot and miserable. Why should I force my child to that when it is uncomfortable and not happy. Go under a blanket on a hot humid day or even any day. Make yourself eat under it and see what it is like.

Yes women should be able to breast feed how ever comfortable they are. It is only here in America that is is such a huge deal.

2boys4momma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)