Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know Mitsubishi's?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

I got 2 weeks before baby gets here and we need a car that fits 3 carseats I found a Mitsubishi Montero LS and its nice and cheap but it has 211,000 miles on it. Good price and in good condition. I cant remember do Mitsubishi's have long lives? its a 1995. I thought they go for 300,000 or more miles but i could be wrong. Anyone know? they are asking 1850 for it but i think we can talk them down to 1600

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMom9799
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:12 PM

BUMP!

newfound09
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM
My mom has a montero and honestly Mitsubishi reliability sucks. They aren't dependable cars. Unless you have small carseats 3 across wont work in a montero.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bronson_858
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM

don't go mitsu.

i have an eclipse with 71,000 miles, and the more she gets the more problems i'm starting to have. i really should have listened when people warned me about it.

you can find cheap honda's, that are still super reliable.

bronson_858
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM

among others like toyota or nissan.

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:17 PM

From what I've noticed about Mistubishi I'd say it's on it's last leg, it's surprising it has over 200,000 miles on it.   Look into a Nissan or a Honda for reliability in that mile range.

C8linVilla
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Thanks ladies. I do not have a licence and have never driven before but im getting it and so im terrified of what to get. I do not want a car as im scared of crashing in a small car with kids but i dont want anything the size of a navigator or suberban.

This car looks perfect size. WHat about the durango, explorer or escape?

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM
I have a Chevy trailblazer. It fits 3 across OK as long as they are narrow seats. It's not to big but not to small. Works for us. We've had it for 2 years now with no problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bronson_858
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Quoting C8linVilla:

Thanks ladies. I do not have a licence and have never driven before but im getting it and so im terrified of what to get. I do not want a car as im scared of crashing in a small car with kids but i dont want anything the size of a navigator or suberban.

i personally would stay away from used american cars.. they have A LOT of problems the more miles they get.

stick with jap. they're known for reliability even with 100s of thousands of miles on them.

CafeMom Tickers

~i myself am made up entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions~

slpydpy6
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM

We have a 3 row montero that is a 96.  At last count the mileage was 250,000+.  We have put a new engine in it a new transmission and quite a few other things.  It also now has a button to push to start it as it no longer starts with the key.  My husbands says we are just waiting for it to die now so that we can haul it off to the junk yard.  The one you are looking at may or may not be worth it.  I would ask to take to a mechanic and see what they say about it.

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I would stick to foreign makes for high mileage dependability.  As far as not wanting anything too big, Durango isn't huge but tends to be a gas guzzler especially older models, expolrer is bigger thant the escape and the explorer is one of the top rollover SUV's as well as being more expensive to insure.  The escape is smaller but it's still a ford.

Quoting C8linVilla:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)