Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Passive descent labors.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
Who has done this? The midwife I saw yesterday called me and told me this was one of my only options because of my health risks. Mind you, I'm 4 days overdue and just now learning this. From what she told me, it's where my body does the pushing? I'm really thankful for this midwife though. So please share your stories!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SareyF
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Bump for ya. Can't say I know specifically what this is or that I experienced it but as for your body pushing...when it was time to deliver my second, I only pushed once on purpose. My body took over and they told me to stop but she was just coming, my body was pushing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Is that like Birth Breathing? If so, I did it. I activly pushed three times at the very end. Before that I just focused and took long deep breaths. I have an excersise that can help you sort of prepare for it if your interested?

Also, if you are going this route...do not birth on your back. Squatting worked best for me.

Haylieb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM
That's what they're wanting my body to do, push him out on it's own. They don't want me to push.

Quoting SareyF:

Bump for ya. Can't say I know specifically what this is or that I experienced it but as for your body pushing...when it was time to deliver my second, I only pushed once on purpose. My body took over and they told me to stop but she was just coming, my body was pushing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Haylieb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM
That'd be wonderful! Anything will help, because I have no idea what to do lol. This will be my first baby. So yes, please!

Quoting RheaF:

Is that like Birth Breathing? If so, I did it. I activly pushed three times at the very end. Before that I just focused and took long deep breaths. I have an excersise that can help you sort of prepare for it if your interested?

Also, if you are going this route...do not birth on your back. Squatting worked best for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perrywinkle
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:06 PM

This happened to me! I had an epidural and all the sudden it hurt really bad. I could feel a lot of pressure and some pain. I knew something was going on because I had to breathe through the pain. When the doctor checked me the baby was almost out! I did about four pushes and then baby was out. I don't know why it happened- my first labor was very different.                                                                   

Haylieb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Well, I can't have an epidural lol. Thank you for telling me though, because I really don't know what to expect. I think its really nifty that my body will push the baby most of the way out by itself.

Quoting perrywinkle:

This happened to me! I had an epidural and all the sudden it hurt really bad. I could feel a lot of pressure and some pain. I knew something was going on because I had to breathe through the pain. When the doctor checked me the baby was almost out! I did about four pushes and then baby was out. I don't know why it happened- my first labor was very different.                                                                   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Back in the 50's, that is how babies were born. They knocked the mom out and her body delivered the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Haylieb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM

LOL.

They won't be knocking me out, I plan to do it naturally. That is, if I'm allowed to lol.

Quoting azpreemiemom:

Back in the 50's, that is how babies were born. They knocked the mom out and her body delivered the baby.

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Remember, they cant make you do anything!
Yes, it is possible. As strange as it sounds you can even try it out before. Next time you have a bm don't push, just sit and relax. Your body will take care of the rest, you'll see.
It's actually the safest way to deliver. Less likely to tear and such. "blue pushing" is terrible!

Quoting Haylieb:

LOL.

They won't be knocking me out, I plan to do it naturally. That is, if I'm allowed to lol.

Quoting azpreemiemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I did for my daughter.  I thought it was wonderful!  I pushed for nearly three full hours with my son.  With my daughter, I pushed for about 10 minutes. They said I could do it without pushing at all, but I was excited to get done, I guess.  I only pushed about four times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)